Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks >

Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Old 08-06-2004, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Always take....Extra rope, water, and a good cigar (which of course you leave in the truck for the aftermath of your victory).
Old 08-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always bring two screw in steps if you use a climber. Sometimes to be in the perfect tree you may need to start 6' up due to a lower obstical
GREAT IDEA FIELDMOUSE, THANKS. I tell ya fella's that e.z bow hanger from team realtree is a big plus too, or you can use a screw in, which is cheaper.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:35 PM

Keep your scentlok outer layers in a scent free bag until you get like 60 yards from your stand. Keep your baselayers on though and take your time walking so you dont seat and contaminate them.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

Amodiom AD, leave the sh*tpaper in the truck!

Sharpen your knifes before the season.

Carry a good flashlight.

Don't forget your release! Done that one before.

Harvest your doe pee. Works good for the boots. Just don't brush your teeth with it!
Old 08-09-2004, 01:46 PM

washington hunter,

i do the exact same thing...sound like a guy wit similarities here
Old 08-10-2004, 12:33 AM

this may sound a lil weird but hey ya gotta do wut ya gotta do.i will take a tampon and dip it in the scent i wanna use then i hang it in the tree laugh if u want but it even comes with a handy string

if u dont have any scent free laundry detergent u can take a pillow case fill it up with leaves sticks pine needles or wut ever is around your hunting stand...then u want to get the pillow case damp,put it in the dryer with your clothes and in no time u will smell like the woods

another scent cover up idea that i use is take a punk like the ones that u light fireworks with (NOT AN INSCENCE) and dip it in the scent of your choice,let it dry and dip it again just to make sure it has the scent on it let it dry again and put it in a zip lock baggy and bring it to the woods when you are ready to go
Old 08-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The tampons are a well known but excellent tip. I also use them for dragging a scent trail of doe pee.

It does feel a little weird searching for scent free tampons in the female isle !!!
Old 08-10-2004, 06:57 AM

This isn't a tip but it is really useful to me.Buy a strapper gear retreiver,I got mine out of redhead mag.It is made for pulling your bow up a tree.But I have used it to pull my stand up the tree.It is small and handy.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:59 AM

To reduce movment in my stand I don't wear a watch, instead I go to the local car parts store and by a little clock that has a velcro back on it. I stick it to the inside bottom limb on my bow. So instead of having to push my sleeve up to look at the time now I simply tip my bow ever so slightly and I can see the clock. Plus wearing a watch just feels uncomfortable to me.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Eider that seems counter productive. If you held your bow all of the time that might be beneficial but it seems like it would still produce more movement, than simply sliding up a sleeve. I personally hang my bow on an easy hanger so it wouldn't do me any good.

Quick Reply: Lets share----Bowhunting tips and tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.