Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you shoot a turkey... >

would you shoot a turkey...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you shoot a turkey...

Old 08-06-2004, 10:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: would you shoot a turkey...

heck yes!! i would IF i could that is......missed 2 with my bow last year[&:]
Old 08-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

in a heartbeat....that is my goal this year, but i only have a 3 day hunt to get a chance.......wish me luck
Old 08-07-2004, 08:53 AM

Does a bear crap in the woods?
Old 08-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does a bear crap in the woods?
Zoo bear doesn't. [8D]

As said earlier, if it's in season and I've got the tag, I'd be totin' a turkey out of the woods. I have absolutely NO problem switching from a deer hunt to taking any target of opportunity. Some of my best rabbit hunts started out as deer hunts.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:04 PM

Yep. if i draw a fall turkey permit this fall im going to shoot one if given the chance. i didnt figure i would have time for it last year and had a flock of turkeys under my tree several times durinb bow season.

slayer
Old 08-07-2004, 07:24 PM

Right you are my friend!LOL
Old 08-07-2004, 07:26 PM

I would not take a turkey while deer hunting. The reason is this: I don't want to stray from deer hunting. I'm out deer hunting not turkey hunting. I don't know how long this would last. Mabey I would change.
Old 08-07-2004, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

Naaa, I wouldn't shoot one of them things... they ain't no fun.

Allright, maybe I did shoot just one.

Um, ok, ok - it was with a Remington bow... yeah, that's it... the hard to find jobby with the 21 inch draw that flings them thar little short, fat arrows. You know, the ones with the #5 printed on the side that go "rattle rattle" when ya shake 'em.

Seriously though, I've passed on a few fall birds during the PA overlap with archery season. Figured about the time I do arrow one, Mr. Big head would have been 50 yards and closing, only to run away to the next county! []
Old 08-08-2004, 02:15 AM

Last year, I took 2 while bowhunting. I took them both out of aggrivation.

I had never hunted before in my life with either a rifle or a bow and it was my very first day to ever hunt. I was in my blind and had lost the opportunity to shoot 2 different doe out of over a dozen that came to my feeder that morning. I was mad. Then along came a flock of turkey and one hen in particular was staring at me right into the blind. She stood there defiantly and kept eyeballing me. I knew she had to die. [8D] I carefully drew and let my breath out very slowly as I aimed and released. I saw here flop around in a din of feathers and squaking. The other turkeys were freaking out and running all over the place. It was as if they were saying "Oh my God! What happened to Mabel". (Mabel being the one I got ) She finally settled and died about 10 feet from where I shot her. Sadly, I could not process her because I spent the next 4 hours looking for the Buck my buddy shot in the shoulder. We never did find that buck. I shot my tom under almost the same circumstances except I actually got a shot off on 2 deer and missed them both before shooting that tom right in the head. (my sight had been bumped out of alignment and I was shooting a foot above my aiming point... hence the head shot) I did breast out the tom and got 2 great breasts each about the size of a sheed of notebook paper. I slow cooked them on the grill and it was the best turkey I ever had.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:15 AM

we can take gobblers , and yes I would take on if possible.
my wife has taken 3 with her bow,me only 2.

Quick Reply: would you shoot a turkey...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.