Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Cabela's rain wear. >

Cabela's rain wear.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cabela's rain wear.

Old 02-25-2002, 10:23 PM

Default Cabela's rain wear.

I'm going to buy rain wear for my Elk hunt this spring and I was hoping that someone could give me their opinion on the Cabela's rain-suits.The ones that fold up in a pouch are the ones I'm looking at any comments on those types. thanks
Old 02-25-2002, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Cabela's rain wear.

Hi! I have a set of Cabelas Rain Suede packables. The Dry Plus fabric seems to work pretty well but I haven't been in a complete downpour yet. The jacket is so comfortable that I wear it as an outer layer during the winter hunt. But, they aren't as easily packed into their own pockets as Cabelas would like you to believe. It takes a bit of a struggle to get them small enough to fit. Also, the hood is nonremoveable which I do not like. Can't stand hoods.

The Mouse
Old 02-25-2002, 11:13 PM

I picked up a set of thier "Micro Pack Rainwear" last fall for a week long gaot hunt. Could not have been happier with the light weight, water proof aspect. One thing to note, is that we were not trying to sneak up on an Elk in brush. They are not quiet, but they definetly did what they were designed for. They are not breathable, so you do end up with a little presperation dampness. I ended up lending the pants to ABM, he wore them the entire week through the brush going in and out of our hunting area and had no problem with the duarbility. My opinion, well wrth the money. Hopefully this helps, and ABM reads this and gives his input.

Good luck
Old 02-26-2002, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The whole week? I only used them the last couple of days... after my croch blew out of mine! Must of been the fumes after eating those dehydrated meals, mixed with jerky.

I was very impressed with them however. They are very durable, and keep the wetness out completely. A couple of snags had me worried that I tore a hole in them, but they stood up to the thick brush of south east Alaska pretty well. I wore my White Polyester covers from Cabelas for the majority of the hiking and hunting, Those helped keep the wind off, and didn't saturate too awful bad when they got wet.

I'm ordering up a set for myself this April for some more adventures to the wet Southern part of our state. Didn't get much of a chance to concern myself with the noise however, mainly because I didn't wear them while we were hunting.
Old 02-26-2002, 12:53 AM

bought a set of the mto50 rain gear. only have been in one down pour in idaho and a steady all day wisconsin rain. both times it worked beautifully and seemed to breath well. as far as packing it in its own pocket i think it's a pain in the crevass!
Old 02-26-2002, 03:37 AM

I agree with Keeter.I also have the MT050,and could not be happier with them.I've tried the rain suede and dry plus,and just think they're a little to noisy.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an older rain suede suit and can't say enough good things about it. Cabelas has top notch clothing, and if you don't like it you can return it, no questions asked.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 02-26-2002, 07:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ditto on the positive comments about the Rain Suede. I believe it uses Cabelas Dry Plus membrane. No problems here with mine either.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I got the Dry Plus 3d camo outfit and love it. The rainwear works great and the 3d leafy camo is awesome. I'll probably get some light weight 3d leafy camo for early season. It doesn't pack down that great but it is compact.
Old 02-26-2002, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Mark me down for another positive vote for the MTO50 gore-tex pants & jacket. This would be $$$ well spent for what you plan to use it for.

TB

Quick Reply: Cabela's rain wear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.