HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   an interview with Chuck Adams - (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/67558-interview-chuck-adams.html)

stealthycat 07-29-2004 09:05 PM

an interview with Chuck Adams -

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/featu...ws/chuckadams/

Tribal 07-29-2004 09:51 PM

RE: an interview with Chuck Adams -

Stealthycat,
This interview is on a much higher forum then the average Joe also. Thats a nice elk!

stealthycat 07-30-2004 08:43 AM

TTT

C'mon all you Chuck haters and naysayers ..... what say you now ?

Krotalus 07-30-2004 10:35 AM

great interview stealthy, thanks for the link, it was an enjoyable informative read

Arthur P 07-30-2004 10:58 AM

I still say the same thing about him I always say, plus one new thing. He flipflops on the issues just as bad as Kerry does. What he said about traditional in that interview is directly opposite what he said in one of his magazine articles here while back. In that article, he basically said traditional bowhunters are unethical.

He's still a jerk.

(That IS the kind of thing you were fishing for with this topic, wasn't it?)[>:]

Blakeyboy 07-30-2004 10:59 AM

The mustache has to go. What a jerk.

B;):D:D

huntfan 07-30-2004 11:03 AM

A new poster here...I read a thread a few days ago regarding the debate about Chuck Adams...I barely know who he is....from listening to the interview...he is way out of my league ..he seems like a reasonable guy that made it happen for himself? Nothing wrong with that...I like what he said about the hunting shows...

Would have rather heard him praise the Lord for his talent and world record animals...without God he wouldn't have been able to do any of it...
Heck, without the Lord any of us would be sunk regardless of hunting...

Great interview though! Thanks...:)

Blakeyboy 07-30-2004 11:09 AM

Without the lord? Well, to break the stereotype many of the greenies have of us 'hunters', not all of us are religious. No offense. I'd be curious to know if Chuck is....anyone know? I find it refreshing that the lord isn't thanks a million times for a hunting success...imagine how many times ole Chucky would have said it...

Not saying anything bad, i don't mind religion one bit, heck i believe mathews is the lightside and hoyt is the darkside...so no biggie. What i meant by 'refreshing' was...it's just nice to see that all the talk was purely about the hunting and the hardwork that goes into blar blar blar without the religious undertone...know what i mean?

B

sho-me_bhntr 07-30-2004 11:11 AM

i understand what you're saying, but your post could be viewed as offensive by some...

Blakeyboy 07-30-2004 11:15 AM

I'm sure it will. But its time for a new thread if it does anyhow...talkin bout ole Chucky is gettin stale...he's the shyt...we got it already.;)

B

going to edit, just seen the hunting religion forum and a thread about anyone here not christian, think i'll tone it down a little my style was meant more as light hearted but looks as though it could turn ugly, no offense meant....really, i am not religious(just never had any exposure until later in life) but like all things in life i think its more fun to be humble about things and discuss them light heartedly but this maybe one topic that might not go that way...not my intention

sho-me_bhntr 07-30-2004 12:25 PM

lol, there is two things that my grandfather said he's learned never to debate...politics and religion...he says, no matter what, the debate will turn ugly...

:)

atlasman 07-30-2004 12:35 PM

I met Chuck Adams in a breezeway before he was about to go onstage and give a speech. He seemed like a pretty cool guy and truthfully, I didn't even realize who he was at first. Maybe that's why he seemed so pleasant........because I just talked to him like any other guy I might meet for the first time instead of badgering him with boneheaded questions in an attempt to sponge some secrets from him.

He could be the biggest jerk in the world.............he was cool when we talked for a few minutes and that's all I can go by.

Jerk or not he has some awesome kills on his resume.

stealthycat 07-30-2004 12:41 PM

Ya'll are going to Hell and burn forever in the lake of Fire and ........ ooops. thought this was the Religion forum, sorry :D

God gives us all talents, and the ability to use them. Chuck has used what God gave him, whether he acknowledges it or not.

atlasman - I am going to make it a point to meet the man someday. And when I do, I'm going to wear a shirt that says "STEALTHYCAT" on it - he might know me !

Funny story - my buddy was at the P&Y banquet this year and he said he thought about wearing a shirt that said "STEALTHYCAT" on it and going around to guys he's known I've clashed with and harassing them in my name. Mostly Bowsite/Leatherwall fellow over crossbow issues - funny to talk about, would NOT have been funny had he actually done it !

Straightarrow 07-30-2004 01:13 PM

.without God he wouldn't have been able to do any of it...
Reminds me of a story I once heard.

There was a farmer out working in his fields one day, when a preacher who was passing by, stopped and remarked to the farmer how "the lord has blessed you with such a fine farm." The farmer paused for a moment and reflected, then he said, "You're right, and I'm thankful, but you should have seen it when he had it all to himself!" The farmer reconized that indeed the lord had given him a fine farm, but it was his hard work and determination that made it a beautiful and productive farm. The lord gives us all many fine gifts, but it is up to each of us to recognize them and to put them to good use.

Obviously Chuck Adams has put this gift to it's maximum use.

Blakeyboy 07-30-2004 01:17 PM

thats one way to look at it, not the only one

gave me the warm and fuzzies all over though...

huntfan 07-31-2004 06:22 PM

I am learning a great deal about you all...even though may see I to eye on some and not on others....I think I can hang with you all! I like you style...

Chuck seems to be great guy and like many of has good days and bad days...he is human. It is fun to bitch about the guy though! I think I will be on the side of assuming the best until I meet him... or StealthyCat or another forum big shooter tells me different. Just kidding...I pretty much make up my own mind...
:D

BenfromVa 07-31-2004 07:32 PM

Damn, I am glad I have a cable modem, sure made for some nice listening,instead of reading:D

Never really cared much about Chuck until the last few threads and this article. I just went and ordered his book "Life at full draw". Seems like a good guy, and very low key despite what others have mentioned. He is not a "in your face" type of guy like some others, maybe that why I have never paid that much attention to him in the past.

Thanks Stealthy, I enjoyed that link.

Maybe it will give me a little insite for the completion of my book I am writing.

gulfcoasthunter 07-31-2004 09:59 PM

I have read his books and countless articles and interviews and know several people who have met him at various shows and from all that I think he is the real deal. Most of us would never make the sacrifices he does to be able to hunt.

rcd567 08-01-2004 08:52 AM

I'll vote a thumbs up for Chuck for the reasons that I've listed in the past dozen threads on him. Lots of Monday morning quarterbacks out there.

Speaking of Monday Morning Quarterbacks...are you all aware that Bret Favre of the Green Bay Packers is an avid bowhunter? So are a couple of his team mates. Football season = Deer season. Fall is great isn't it.:D:D:D

adams 08-02-2004 08:41 AM

Thanks for defending a hero of our sport. It's funny how little responce this thread got and how many people turned out to bash Chuck. I'd still like to meet the man, to see for my self.

There is no disputing his success or his determination though. He is a predator, The Ultimate Predator!

vc1111 08-02-2004 09:56 AM

Anytime someone has wild success in hunting, we have among us a certain number of hunters that view that success with suspicion. Did he poach the deer? Was it a legal kill? Did he bait the animal? Why didn't he call the press? Why did he wait x number of hours before checking it in? Etc. Etc.

Then of course, the rumor mill begins working extra shifts and the wildly successful hunter is looked upon as suspect for the rest of his days. There are dozens of examples of this type of reaction in the archives of this and other message boards.

Sometimes hunters are like an gossiping elderly women's bridge club.

If you've hunted or fished long enough you know that wild and interesting things can and will happen, including one man getting more than his share of trophy opportunities and success. I say God bless him and good for him.