Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does USO opperate in your state? If so.... BEWARE! >

Does USO opperate in your state? If so.... BEWARE!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does USO opperate in your state? If so.... BEWARE!

Old 07-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Does USO opperate in your state? If so.... BEWARE!

Even if they don't be aware of what they are doing in other states. They just brought AZ to it's knees and have just filed suit in NV as well. Watch out. You might be next! For more information check out the Big game hunting forum. Whether you bowhunt or rifle hunt, it will affect you!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does USO opperate in your state? If so.... BEWARE!

Here is the link for it...
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=689932
Old 07-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Dominant Buck

And all these years I've been taking our over the counter tags for granted ...

I can't even imagine having to draw just to hunt , that must really suck !
Old 07-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Dominant Buck

And all these years I've been taking our over the counter tags for granted ...
Tell me about it... I'd have to move to another state or maybe even another country.... like North of the border.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Tell me about it... I'd have to move to another state or maybe even another country.... like North of the border.
Noooooo !!!! Argh !!!
Old 07-30-2004, 05:44 AM
Dominant Buck

I think I'm on the other side of the issue. As I see it with this court ruling, more tax revenue will come into the state by using hunting as the vehicle. Lets face it, tourism dollars can be the bread and butter for state revenue, right Florida? This in turn should help lower state income taxes. We know that won't happen since politicians can never be happy with a growing tax base and always spend too much.

I may complain about paying higher fees to hunt, but hunting exploits a natural resource. I personally would like to see more state land opened up to a lottery system that requires a fee to enter. If you truely want to reduce the influence of anti-hunting in the state, increase the revenue hunting generates.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just another example of money controlling the people making decisions--kinda like living next to a reservation and your taxes going up and up while those on the reservation pay no taxes what so ever!You know the boys at the top are getting their cut--it's just under the table is all[:-][:@][X(]
Old 07-30-2004, 07:49 AM

I would be pissed if I was a resident. BUT, I do have one question...............

Do you hunt the elk on federal land or state land? If federal land, then anyone in the USA should have and equal chance without ANY caps as the residents do. If state land, I support caps. If private, I support caps.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am stealing a quote from rather_be_huntin in his thread starter "Tired of Public Land Argument", from the BigGame Hunting form. I couldn't have said it better myself "THE ANIMALS BELONG TO THE STATE". It doesn't matter if you hunt on state land, BLM, National Forest, in a State Park or on free roaming private land. A state F&G Tag is good for all of them because the animal belongs to the state, and a tag means that the state has given you permission to harvest one of its animals. Anyway we as hunters no matter where we live in the good ol USA need to stand together and be united. Like I stated in my thread who is for or against USO again in the big game form. If they, USO win here in the west, it could or will change hunting for the worse and it could be the begining of the end for states like arizona. Everone we need your help!
Old 07-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I fail to see your arguement. Hunting is not going to be out lawed in fact I bet it won't be changed very much.

Before the ruling 90% of tags were allotted to residents 10% to non-residents thruogh a lottery. I don't know the numbers but the state has them, how many residents applied vs got license and the same for non-residents. I would bet that the total numbers applying for tags (ie residents + non-res) is very close to a 90/10 split. Maybe a little worst. statistics tell you that the lottery will come out the same.

Thats my gut feel and with a little research you can take the emotion out of this and really look at the impact of this ruling or the lack there of.

Quick Reply: Does USO opperate in your state? If so.... BEWARE!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.