Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It Has Begun

Old 07-29-2004, 07:16 AM

Default RE: It Has Begun

but here in ohio it is unseasonably cold for july!!
You aren't kidding, Thursday I think the Temprature got all the way up to 65F, here in T-Town
Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

oooooooooooooohra, Marine glad you checking out, and that your not getting deployed over to sand town. Give me a holler and maybe we could hook up and tell marine stories and go do some deer hunting in both are hot spots. Well the temp this week is going back upto the low 80's, and then drop down into the low 60's, next month the leaves will start falling, then its time to dawn your gear boy's, CABIN FEVER IS KILLIN ME!!! Cant wait to get out and stick a big fat pig of a deer!!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Matthews
I was with 3/5 hide and slide co. 86-90.
Back to the sub. I bet those PA. bucks look like a horse next to a Southern Cal. buck?

GET SOME!
Old 07-29-2004, 10:48 AM

ORIGINAL: kodiak41226

but here in ohio it is unseasonably cold for july!!
You aren't kidding, Thursday I think the Temprature got all the way up to 65F, here in T-Town
...and the global warming continues. Count your blessings because the world will end soon.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can confirm Rack's statement. Saw a NICE 8 point yesterday driving home at 3am ish. It's rack was definitly out of velvet, and had some blood staining. I got a good 10 second look at him also.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:30 AM

I am about 14 miles west of Tulsa, Ok and nuts have been dropping here since June!!! Huge hickory nuts all over the ground. I have never seen nuts drop so early. Going to be a huge mast this year. Weather has been unseasonibly cool, had a record low of 60 degrees last week(fish started biting like crazy). It is not far from that temp now at 12:00 noon. I don't know if the cooler temp and early dropping of nuts could have anything to do with maybe pushing the season up but it is an interesting thought. I saw a small 5 point about 3 weeks ago but he was still in velvet. I think this year is going to be awesome hunting, I'm pumped.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

better back up you alls vacation time a lil earlier this year fella's, the rut will be kicking off a few weeks earlier in my opinion.
1ST BN 8TH MARINES HERE, O311
Old 07-29-2004, 03:54 PM

Weird!

We are somewhat coming out of about a 4 yr drought where i'm at and this year we've had lots of moisture and things growing like crazy, way more lush and for way longer than last year and on sept 5th last year they were just scraping the majority off...at least the big 6x6 i missed on that day(second day of the season) was just before he entered the field with a bunch of junk hangin from his mains. Our only chance to get em in velvet is usually the first few days of the season but this year it doesn't open until sept 8th boooo, no chance for velvet this year. Just seems weird about the weather and how soon some areas are showing the hard horns.

B

p.s., can't wait to see whats in store for me with such a good year for feed etc.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Any further news?
Old 08-18-2004, 08:24 AM

Saw a bunch of bucks the other night and they were all still in velvet. This report from central KY.

Quick Reply: It Has Begun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.