Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowtech, arrow, and broad head combo questions >

bowtech, arrow, and broad head combo questions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowtech, arrow, and broad head combo questions

Old 07-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech, arrow, and broad head combo questions

i have recently purchased a liberty i have it set to 65# draw. very nice bow, quiet, fits my hand like it was custome made to it. i will be buying the following items with in the nest week. carbon arrows (mine are too short) wisker bisquit, broad heads (mine are old) and sights.

i do have some what of a budget but obviosuly its not SCRAPING the Barrel kinda budget so please keep that in mind when sugesting which ones to try.

a little bit about where i will be hunting, approximatly 12'-15' in a stand. edge of corn field.

my question is this, what would be the best combination of Carbon arrows and Broad heads to get a RESPECTABLE KE with my set up? thanks for all yoru time fellas!

Damn i love this site! i think i am on here 80% of teh day!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:19 AM

Default RE: bowtech, arrow, and broad head combo questions

Arrows; Gold tip xt hunter or pro hunter 55/75 or Easton ACC 360. Broadheads (fixed); Magnus stinger 100g 4blade, Muzzy 100g 3 blade, Montec G5 100g, Steelforce 100g (many to choose from that are great). Mechanical; Rocky mountain Snyper or Gator. That's just my opinion - I'm sure there are other combinations out there that are just as good. Just make sure your BH's are tuned to the arrow. BTW - great choice on the bow------------------------- SWEET!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Fork Horn

awesome, now what about the sight? i have heard mixed reviews about the pendulum sights. has anyone here had great sucess with their liberty and pendulum sights? i think i will feel more comfortable with regular sights, i really like the HHA Triple Threat 500 Sight. who has this and what do you think?

the main reason for asking about the arrows is to tune the arrow with teh broad heads, that is my main goal.
any info will be greatly apreciated guys thanks
Old 07-21-2004, 11:50 AM

my question is this, what would be the best combination of Carbon arrows and Broad heads to get a RESPECTABLE KE with my set up?
No matter what you pick your KE will roughly basically be the same. What you want is the best setup to USE the KE your bow produces.

I would recommend - Super Carbon Magnums 55/70 or Gold tip XT's 55/75 with the new Nap Nitron Head
Old 07-21-2004, 02:14 PM

GoldTip 5575s and for a fixed sight I love my Copper John.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack
I would recommend - Super Carbon Magnums 55/70 or Gold tip XT's 55/75 with the new Nap Nitron Head
those i was looking at before the gold tip 55/75 now i havent looked at the nitron heads, Nap makes em? i will check those out for sure.

so does anyone think the HHA Triple Threat 500 Sight is bad? akaSharkey, what model copper john you shoot with?

thanks again fellas
Old 07-21-2004, 02:39 PM

Copper John Deadnuts Realtree Hunter
Old 07-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Liberty is set around 65#. I'm shooting PSE Extreme 300s with 100 gr Magnus two blade Stingers. I may try the four blades before season. Total weight with 4" vanes is 380 gr. These shoot very well, and fly like darts. The field points and broadheads hit the same spot, also. I have a Copper John Pro II sight, and love it (.029 pins).
Old 07-21-2004, 09:06 PM
c j
Typical Buck

I have an Impact Collector (3 pin) on my Liberty. The pins light up like a Christmas tree and I like the fact that the fiber optic cables are fully enclosed within the pins, not exposed in the back. That way I shouldn't have to worry about them snagging or breaking as easily.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

what do you guys think about the impact omega xl?

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

seems pretty easy to use CJ is this the kind of sight your using right now? im impressed that you dont have to lock the settings down. thats nice because i know the slightest little touch from my old sights and i woudl have to re sight them.

thanks again guys i will be up at the pro shop testing all these available sights hopefuly this weekend. \

i think i have made my choice of arrows, the gold tips xl 55/75 in the hunter pattern. i still havent made up my mind about the broad heads to use i have never tried mechanical blades before but woudl like to try them eventually.

and just currious what is that no peep i keep seeing in everyones sig, is it a new type of peep? open or whats going on with that?

Quick Reply: bowtech, arrow, and broad head combo questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.