Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews advertising budget? >

Mathews advertising budget?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews advertising budget?

Old 07-16-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Mathews advertising budget?

I was just wondering how much money Mathews spends to advertise it products. They had a six page ad in the middle of Petersons Bowhunting, I know that was expensive. They have a great product, and all that advertising seems like overkill to me. I wonder how much their advertising adds to the price of each bow?
Old 07-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Default RE: Mathews advertising budget?

Can of worms has been opened
Old 07-16-2004, 12:28 PM

Most companies calculate their advertising budget as a percent of revenue. The more revenue the more your advertising grows. The % is higher for startups b/c they need to create awareness. Mathew's is a private company so no one will be able to tell you a correct number. I would guess 2-3% of revenue. So the more they sell the more they can advertise.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:32 PM

to sell product you have to get peopel interested in your product. The best way to do that is to advertise! Magazines, TV, whatever! You want people to know your name, be interested in your products and to want to buy them.

As stated the more you make the more you can spend on advertising.

Oh yea - I bet they spend a bunch!
Old 07-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

I heard from a good source thant they spend 20% of their profits and put it back into advertising. The source was a mathews dealer.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:45 PM

I wonder how much their advertising adds to the price of each bow?
Probably nothing if done correctly.

The added volume - lowers manufacturing bottom lines
Old 07-17-2004, 04:26 PM

Probably nothing if done correctly.

The added volume - lowers manufacturing bottom lines
I had never thought about it like that. You are probably correct. I will be in the market for a new bow in the next month. I shoot a Parker hunter mag, and just want something smoother with less shock. I think I am just going to go to the shop with a open mind and shoot everything. See what feels good
Old 07-17-2004, 06:04 PM

Yeah, Mathew's spends alot on advertising. But who cares if they want to? just another excuse to bash mathews because they're better than everyone else..good idea, going to the shop with an open mind. good luck on finding on a bow.

slayer
Old 07-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Peterson's isn't the only mag they're in. Almost every sporting magazine you can think of. Then there's the TV ads. Best figure I've come up with so far is about $100 per bow. They spend a heap, and get it right back from they're customers. Best part for them is that they get the tax write-off, too.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:31 AM

I guess they are wrong for spending money to advertise to sell more bows? I better stop drinking the Pepsi I've got and eating the KFC because they are spending too much. It's not fair to the other cola and chicken restaurants. They are fooling the average cola chicken eater into thinking their product is better.

Quick Reply: Mathews advertising budget?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.