Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 CODE of CONDUCT: Advanced BowHunter >

CODE of CONDUCT: Advanced BowHunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

CODE of CONDUCT: Advanced BowHunter

Old 07-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default CODE of CONDUCT: Advanced BowHunter

Ever met an experienced and successful bowhunter with issues?

I’ll go first. Often they have problems conducting themselves around other hunters without the holier than thou attitude.

Rule #1: Treat every hunter with the respect they deserve. Show compaction and interest in there experiences and equally share yours. Give guidance where you see fit and be willing to receive guidance without a prejudice mind. Let it be known you are no better a person than a new hunter; you just have it figured out.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:25 PM

Default RE: CODE of CONDUCT: Advanced BowHunter

I'll go second.

No threatening, abusive or harassing comments.

This has no place in bowhunting
Old 07-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

#3 Understand that not everyone hunts in the same habitat, situations, deer herd, or method of thought as you. Regional differences and attitudes can vary greatly without one or the other being wrong.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

#4 To understand when a opion is being stated verses a fact! and to replay with out anger! or sarcasm.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Treat every hunter with the respect they deserve. Show compaction and interest in there experiences and equally share yours. Give guidance where you see fit and be willing to receive guidance without a prejudice mind. Let it be known you are no better a person than a new hunter; you just have it figured out.
great statement and I agree 100%. However, the problem lies with how people define "hunter". Everyone has a different perspective of what's right and wrong, what's ethical and unethical, what's hunting and not hunting, and ultimately who is or isn't a hunter in their eyes.
That would be great if everyone was on the same page and shared the same attitude, but unfortunately there are too many variables for that to happen. Not everyone who enters the woods with a weapon can be automatically considered a hunter. It goes way beyond that IMO. Which forces us to determine what makes that person a hunter and unfortunately examine who he/she is as a hunter. Only then can you give them the respect they deserve.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

oh yeah I'll add one...... #5?

ALWAYS!!! lend a helping hand to your fellow hunter if presented the opportunity. I've had people walk right by me as I was dressing or dragging deer out. Maybe say "hey", maybe shoot the breeze for a few minutes, or maybe just walk right by. Amazing how many times I wasn't offered a helping hand. Personally I couldn't imagine NOT asking the person if he/she needs a hand.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:05 PM

I will burn my bow if you can show me one person that absolutely has bow hunting deer completely figured out. Just when you think you have it figured out you soon find out you don't. The only way we will ever truley understand a deer is if we come back as on. And if that happens I will be sleeping along way away from any tree and not get up until after the season is closed.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

One rule should cover it all and it's one of the 10 best.

DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU.

Pretty much says it all IMO.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:33 PM

Yup, it doesn't even have to have a religious tone either. Thats one statement that goes along with anything to do with humans.

6. If your gonna dish it out, be humble enough to take it right back.

B
Old 07-14-2004, 07:59 PM

#7: As you get older and more experienced at hunting, remember to give something back to the young hunters or people just starting out. What seems second nature to an experienced hunter isn't to a new hunter.

Pass on the tradition.

Quick Reply: CODE of CONDUCT: Advanced BowHunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.