Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Passing time on stand... >

Passing time on stand...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Passing time on stand...

Old 07-13-2004, 06:22 AM

Default Passing time on stand...

I was wondering what everyone does to pass time on stand, when things get a little slow. I know some people who read, I even know of a guy who brings a gameboy with him!

For me, I just day dream (ie. What I would do if I won the lottery, that sort of thing ).
Old 07-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Passing time on stand...

Normally I just go to sleep.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just look around and take in all of the sights around me. Often I go off on tangents and begin to daydream. I may start by seeing a squirrel run by and the next thing I know I start imagining what he may have seen pass through these woods in his lifetime and just go from there. Before I know it I have all kinds of things running through my head and the time flies.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:01 AM

I read or sleep or just enjoy the scenery. It is a good time to meditate. I do anything but think about work. A lot of times I will bring my small scriptures and read. Seems like a good time to do that.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:18 AM

The majority of my hunts are 4 hours or less so it's not so often I find myself bored. I truly enjoy sitting and just watching nature. The smell of the forest, the buzz of a bumble bee, chatter of squirrles are all part of the enjoyment for me. Some of my favorite times are when acorns are dropping and the constant clatter of them hitting the ground, I also love foggy overcast mornings that dawn gray. The woods take on a whole new character, a diffrent personality almost.

So I guess to answer your question, When I'm hunting I pass the time by hunting.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:43 AM

I stay attentative and on my toes.

9 times out of 10, that big buck will slip buy while your reading a book!
Old 07-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

I pay attention to all the things around me. Nature has it's signals telling you when a large animal is around and react in different ways to say a yote or a deer. It's fun!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never get bored in the woods, I sit in awe of God's creations. I always seem to find something visual to keep the brain ticking, it may be nothing more that watching a leaf that is almost ready to fall off a tree being moved by the breeze to watching birds or squirrels. I even study the growth of trees. I can tell you with time if you pay enough attention you will learn how to tell if another animal is coming by watching and listening to birds and squirrels.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, the time seems to FLY by.so I don't ever have a problem trying to pass the time.....the time passes right by me before I know it. When you only get 3-4 days at a time to hunt you savor every moment.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

If sitting in a tree with bow in hand is boring, then you need to pickup a rifle and go kill something. I will stick with my bow and the anticipation of what is about to happen.

Quick Reply: Passing time on stand...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.