Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

xscent?

Old 07-12-2004, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: xscent?

I was partly refering to the cost of silver - being a precious metal and all.

But then again I am not familiar with how this is done so I guess if it is a small enough quantity anything could be affordable.

But I was mainly referring to all the expenses involved with carbon/silver/coconut clothes. I've had very good results with a box of $0.24 baking soda with regular camo clothes. Even after 3 washes the baking soda still eliminates odors - you can test this by putting an earth scent dryer sheet in your dryer with the baking soda washed clothes, they'll come out without the earth scent! Now thats cost effective.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:12 PM

Hazcon7,

I know what you mean. I create a mizxture that is my scent removal, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, distilled water, and a little bit of the scent free body wash/shampoo. Mix together and use on clothes washing or in spray bottle as scent remover.

I was interested in seeing if this iodized silver could be done and at what cost?

T
Old 07-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Well the silver lined underwear I think would work well when you're sweating walking to/from the stand. It's about $25-35 for tops and bottoms and comes in 3 weights. I think it's pretty comparable to good long johns... so "why not"?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:31 PM

bacon, i think you are right, i might try some of the lighter stuff under my other stuff cause sometimes i do sweat a bit as well. i wish there were more people on here that have used this stuff. i am interested in it but do not have enough people saying how good it works. I am going to buy some ASAT as soon as I can cause of all the rage in here.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:51 AM

I should have some of the socks today. I think I am going to wear them while I mow the yard tonight to see just how well they work. If they can stop or even significantly reduce the odor that comes off MY feet their worth the money.

Where are you guys finding the different weights of the base layers?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Cabelas or BPS (can't remember which) has it in different weight base layers...
Old 07-13-2004, 03:53 PM

I couldn't find the different weights on either the Cableas or Bass Pro web sites. I do remember now seeing it some where I just can't remember where.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

IT's in the cabelas catalog.. I think BPS offers it also.. I think they have their own lines... which is the same stuff w/ a different label.

Cabelas archery catalog page 223 has it... they call it the MTP series. Anything w/ the "Xstatic" is the same stuff.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:31 AM

I got my socks in last night.

They seem to be quality made and they are very comfortable. I put them on straight out of the box and went to mowing in 90+ heat. I made sure to wear jeans so I would sweat as much as possible in the amount of time I had. After more than a hour of mowing and weed eating I came back in and did the old sniffer test. The socks I had worn all day at work smelled like feet the x scent socks smelled like they had just came out of the package even though they were soaked with sweat. I put the x scent socks in a plastic bag and I will leave them there all day and see what they smell like tonight. After I took the socks off for a couple minutes you could smell my feet and they smelled the way they usually do but the socks both inside and out smelled like they were fresh out of the box. There are still a couple more "tests" I want to do on the socks before I run out and buy the entire base layer system but I think this is a good start.

Also, I must give credit to my wife for doing the sniffer test. The expression on her face when I asked her smell my feet was priceless and I know I am going to pay for it in the future.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

I think that I am going to give this stuff a shot this season.
I have been buying to much hunting clothing, but need some good base layers

Jim

Quick Reply: xscent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.