Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ontario weather/bugs in Sept? >

Ontario weather/bugs in Sept?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ontario weather/bugs in Sept?

Old 07-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ontario weather/bugs in Sept?

I'm going to Ontario on bear hunting trip in the middle of Sept (flying in on 9-13 and out on 9-21). What's the weather like during that time of year normally? What kind of temps can we expect?

We'll be hunting on Lake Latrelle... which is near Red Lake... flying out of Dryden if that helps.

Also my outfitter told me the bugs should be gone by then.. but just wanted to check to see if I should invest in a bug tamer suit or not.

TIA
KB
Old 07-09-2004, 11:02 PM

Default RE: Ontario weather/bugs in Sept?

I have hunted northen Ontario for ten years in early October.The weather changes day by day. I have seen 6 inches of snow in the morning and 70 + after lunch.Do yourself a favor buy a bug tamer.Black flies come out on mild days.Good luck on the bear hunt. sammy 671.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be near ThunderBay at that time on the moose hunt KBacon ,the bug's can be very bad at that time of year,the warmer it is the worse the bug's can be espeacially if it's directly after rain .Last season we we had scorching warm weather one day and 6" of snow the next ,so come prepared for anything. Good luck on your bearhunt .

nubo
Old 07-09-2004, 11:55 PM

The wife and I are going to Lake View lodge on September 4th for bear also I just picked up two camo bug jackets with hoods for $20.00 each at a sporting goods store recently and plan on using them if need be. I really don't like anything over my face when hunting, but I also don't like bugs either We're taking them along,,, with probably everything else we own also Good luck this fall!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

WWAG.. they don't have any more of those left do they? My outfitter told me that the bugs would be gone by then... so I'm glad I asked here 1st.
Old 07-10-2004, 01:37 PM

I'll check the next time I'm up there, what size do you wear??
Old 07-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

KBacon!

Trust me bud ! Expect anything at this time of season ,I don't care what your outfitter is telling you. Expect the unexpected.you'll be glad you did.Take it rom me I've been there with no bug's and then again I've been there when the bug's were absolutely horrid. And I'm talking the middle of Sept during the archery moose hunt.

nubo
Old 07-10-2004, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

WWAG I normally wear an XL... I wear 36/34 pants and XL shirts normally. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanx for all the info guys... it sounds like I'll be taking every piece of clothing I own... 2 pairs of boots.. ect.. I think I might need a 2nd plane just to carry all of my stuff... [8D]
Old 07-11-2004, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have scares on my legs from them black flies up there. Why is it there so prevalent up there?
Old 07-11-2004, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've bear hunted near Timmins several times in late August, and we never had any bug problems whatsoever.

I bought a suit, and in 5+ trips never even had it on.

Quick Reply: Ontario weather/bugs in Sept?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.