Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many stands do you hunt? >

How many stands do you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many stands do you hunt?

Old 07-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many stands do you hunt?

I have 5 lock ons that stay up year round and roughly 30 trees that I hunt from a climber. Some of those will be the same trees this year and some will be different but I probably average 25- 40 different climber setups per year.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:29 PM

well I use 2 fixed stands and 3 permant stands and 1 climber i have many spots established in the woods i know now where the deers travel routes r summer and winter bc of my climber and all of the permant stands r in good locations and the fixed stands i'm preparing to move them around to diffrent locations to c what other action i can find in the woods
Old 07-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt 3 farms that total around 150 acres and have around 20 stands total in all 3 areas. I also have a ground blind I set up in a few spots.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have 11 in east Texas and and 14 in west Texas NO tree stand though cause there arent any trees in westex.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:33 PM

1 climber, 4 fixed on 125 acre farm. North, South, East and West. Climber for days when the wind just isn't helping out.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure if your asking how many stand locations a person hunts or the number of tree stands he owns.

As far as treestands go I own 22 fixed position stands with a new on on the way, a treesuit, two harness type stands, and 8 permanent stands I have built and maintain.

I suppose I hang close to fifty or more treestands every year although that is just a guess.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I use portable lonewolf stands with sticks that strap to it, I also use there climbers. I rarely hunt a tree more than twice in a season. I always hunt the best, freshest sign, and I am usually rewarded for the extra effort of setting up each hunt. The big bucks will smell that you have been there, no matter what you do to cover the scent. The trick is to kill them the 1st time in the tree.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

I have 14 hang ons, 4 ladder stands and 1 climber. I have sevearl woods with lots of sites. I move the ladder stands around as needed during the season and also use the climber once in a while. The hang ons are all in very established areas that have produced for years. I just really started using the ladders in the past few years and now realize that it is the way I will be leaning towards from now on. Much quicker and easier setting them up throughout the season. All these years and all that work. Oh well, I was younger then!!
Old 07-09-2004, 05:45 PM

I have one Lock-On stand per 2,000 acres. I have an elk stand and a deer stand. During the summer I cut out places in certain trees in "hot spots" I think may produce a deer and move my stand when I feel neccessary. The elk stand usually stays put though.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:41 PM

I have 12 hang-ons that I lock on. One buddy ladder stand and one climber. I have 3 permanent wooden stands also. I have these spread out over 3-4 different locations.

Quick Reply: How many stands do you hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.