Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Game cam Tips and Tricks >

Game cam Tips and Tricks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Game cam Tips and Tricks

Old 07-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Game cam Tips and Tricks

Folks,

Several members asked me to post a thread about game camera tips and strategies and then pin it to the top for a spell. There seems to always be alot of interest in them at this time of year and I am sure many new game camera owners could benefit from some of the game cam "veteran's" experiences.

Though I do not consider myself a veteran.........always make sure you have a fresh set of batteries in there and (with the Stealth cam) make sure the LED reads "0" and not "E" after you load the film or you are going to have a blank role of film developed.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Game cam Tips and Tricks

If you are putting your game cam in an area with heavy weeds and vegatation make sure you cut down most of it. Otherwise when the winds blows you'll have a lot of pictures with nothing in it. The same goes for branches.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:34 PM

how are you guys setting the pic amount

1 pic per minute or more?
Old 07-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do 1 picture every 2 minutes. Time to get those camera out there! I'll be posting some photos next week.

Good Luck!
Old 07-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just put out my new stealth cam. I got the 24 exposure but after thinking about it I wish I would have gotten the 12 exposure so I dont have to wait as long for it to fill up.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:58 PM

My tip is to eyeball the height that the camera is set, don't follow the directions! I like to kneel down beside the camera so I can get a feel of what the pic is going to look like. It works better than a suggested height that doesnt take into consideration the lay of the land, distance of the deer, and the angle of the tree!
Old 07-06-2004, 05:30 AM

Try to point the camera towards the North. If sunlight hits the sensor at the right angle it can cause it to trip, taking pictures of nothing. Definately avoid pointing it East & West. I get some Purina Deer Chow to lure them in. Corn brings in the squirrels, crows and racoons to much.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:31 AM

Also, make sure the glass in front of the lense is spotless. Small smudges show up really big in pictures.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:19 AM

I had read a post about putting tape on the sides of your motion detector so that you didn't end up with half a deer in the picture, is this suggested? I did it for the first try and haven't been out to see how many pics I have.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

how are you guys setting the pic amount

1 pic per minute or more?
1 pic every 2 minutes seems to now work best for me. This setting stretches the amount of time that the camera takes pictures...instead of having 5 shots of one doe that fed in front of the camera for 5 minutes.

T in PA2,

Nice pictures you posted. Makes me want to be back out in the woods now.

Quick Reply: Game cam Tips and Tricks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.