Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the"pod"?

Old 07-03-2004, 07:42 PM

Default the"pod"?

can anybody tell me anything about the pod. from what i hear it's some kind of poison arrow legal in some states.that is about all i can find about it .any help aprreciated
Old 07-03-2004, 08:27 PM

Default RE: the"pod"?

I have heard of The Pod but I was told you fill it with scent and shoot in at something in order to not get your scent in the area. I'm not sure though.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's a poison tipped arrow and I thought it was illegal everywhere.
Old 07-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's a poison tipped arrow and I thought it was illegal everywhere.
I think there is some kind of lope hole in Mississippi where you can still use them. Something weird like it is illegal to possess them but legal to take game with them????
Old 07-04-2004, 09:49 AM

Yes I believe it is legal in Mississippi. Down here we do not use them. I am sure that some people do though. Not very sporting IMO.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

It's a poison called Anectine (if I remember correctly that's how it's spelled). It is still legal to hunt with it in Mississippi, but it's illegal to buy or sell for hunting purposes. I have know a few people who have hunted with them, but I wouldn't consider them the most ethical hunters either, I suppose the positive is that you don't have wounded deer not being recovered, if there is a positive. It's pretty dangerous stuff, and quite frankly it scares the heck out of me. I feel it can lead a hunter to be lax with their shot placement and practice routine. So it bothers me.

Gordon