Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Public Hunting Land in Kentucky or S.C. >

Public Hunting Land in Kentucky or S.C.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Public Hunting Land in Kentucky or S.C.

Old 07-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Public Hunting Land in Kentucky or S.C.

Any good WMA's in Kentucky or South Carolina to bowhunt on. I am from S. Georgia, just looking for a good 3 or 4 day hunting trip.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Public Hunting Land in Kentucky or S.C.

What's that big place in Ky.... Land Between the Lakes or something like that. Miles and miles of virgin woods. Great hunting.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:50 PM

No good public hunting areas in KY. Nothing to see here! Keep moving, keep moving!
Old 07-02-2004, 07:54 PM

I swear this buck wasn't taken from public land in KY. I swear!!

Old 07-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

David the place is called Cumberland Falls KY I think.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: texastracker

David the place is called Cumberland Falls KY I think.
Nope, it's LBL. Land Between the Lakes in far western KY. Between Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake.

From the KY dept of fish and wildlife site:
LAND BETWEEN the LAKES NATIONAL RECREATIONAL AREA (107,000 acres): Trigg, Lyon cos., between Kentucky and Barkley lakes. Access by KY 453 (The Trace) and KY 80. Many secondary roads and trails within area. Terrain varies from gently rolling to fairly steep; much of area is forested with many clearings, old farm sites, plantings. Special hunting regulations. Scheduled field trials Sept. 1- March 31. For specific information, write Land Between the Lakes, Natural Resource Section, 100 Van Morgan Dr., Golden Pond, KY 42211-9001, or call (270) 924-2000. User permit ($20) required. Horseback riding on designated trails. Also hiking, camping, fishing, boating, nature and educational centers, captive elk and bison herd. Owned by U. S. Forest Service.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:36 AM

A.R.Hunter,
You might want to check out Fant's Grove in the Clemson area of upstate SC. It's bow only and encompasses about 16,000 acres of Clemson experimental forrest area. The quality of the deer herd is improving steadily since the mandatory antler restrictions of 4 points or better on one side. Quite a few people hunt it but with a deer density of over 40 deer per square mile, there's plenty to go around. If you're looking for a trophy hunt you might want to look elsewhere but a few 130 class deer did come out of this area last season. Good luck!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:58 AM

Okay, sounds like time for a road trip. Especially when the locals are telling you to move on

Dan
Old 07-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Kentucky has a fairly early season too.... something like the second week in Sept or something like that.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Opens Sept. 4th. Not that I'm counting it down or nothing. The KY Dept of Fish and Wildlife Resources has a lot of info on the WMA and there are a good number of them also. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Public Hunting Land in Kentucky or S.C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.