Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ACC arrows...

Old 07-01-2004, 09:54 PM

Default ACC arrows...

I was wondering what you all think about Easton's ACC arrows, are they worth the extra money? I am trying to decide if I want to spend that much money on arrows or not, any feedback from people who have shot them would be appricated. Thanks!
Old 07-01-2004, 10:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ACC arrows...

I learned a very valuable lesson last year, Don't go cheap it isn't woth it and you'll not be satisfied with what you have. Sure are their arrows close to them, but from the feedback I have gotten from the hunters here online, There's only one Easton ACC, and only one that performs like it. I'm not saying you can't kill deer with another arrow, but for my setup it's acc's all the way
Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

I shot ACC's the past 2 seasons for both bowhunting and 3D. I've never had a problem with the ACC's. I've taken 4 deer with them, with pass throughs on all 4.

However, this summer I have been trying out the Blackhawk equivilent to the ACC's.
So far, I cannot tell a difference between the ACC's and the Blackhawks, except that the Blackhawks are actually lighter and shoot a bit faster and cost a whole lot less.

I admit I have not hunted with the Blackhawks, but based on the target shooting I've been doing with them, I cannot see why they would not perform just as good as the ACC's in the field.

Slice
Old 07-02-2004, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can't comment on Blackhawk's aluminum composite arrow. Haven't even seen one, much less handled or shot them. But I have handled and shot ACC's. If I were to ever go back to shooting my compound, there would be no other arrow in my quiver. BUT...! I am a good enough shot to appreciate the quality. I can appreciate being able to shoot a 4" group at 60 yards vs an 8" group.

If your arrows' accuracy is limited by your skill, then you may not find ACC's worth the money. If you find your accuracy is being limited by the quality of your arrows, then they will definitely be worth every penny.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:39 AM

I have shot ACC for a very long time for both hunting deer and target practice, I use to shoot aluminum. I don't even consider other arrows I have been so happy with the preformance. They are well worth the money.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are they worth the $ ? Absolutely.

But I must admit, now that I have a family It's getting harder each year to justify the price (to the Mrs. at least ), and I'm always searching for alternatives.

You wont' find a more consistent arrow barring Easton XX alum.

I have tried the Blackhawks..4 different dozens. I'm firmly in the camp of "eh". Some have straightness runout issues, nor are the weights as tight. The finish is very noisy comparitively, and easily damaged (bare prongs will dig into the finish and through to the carbon). The bond between the alum and carbon isn't nearly as good as an A/C/C, and I find them a whole lot easier to bend. Last weekend I was shooting their version of a 3-49 out of my Pro 40 F cam testing it against Goldtips at 40 yards and forgot to move the sight pin on my HHA to compensate...it hit right at the base of the target and went into the dirt underneath. Pulled it out and it was bent and the carbon had separated at the point end from the alum core. I've done the same bonehead maneuver (I'm forgetful and have a history of Alzheimers in the family, so cut me some slack ) with A/C/Cs and the arrow was unscathed.

That said, after beating up a bunch of arrows from "The Big Three" for so long, I most likely will be switching to GoldTip Pro series arrows for the lion's share of my archery needs as they are a great value for the $ and overall are the best choice I've found (though far from perfect) in all-carbon shafting. But that is a compromise based on finances. I'd shoot nothing other than A/C/Cs were money not an issue.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Worth the money, to me they are. I can't speak for anyone else but I can tell a difference at 30 yards with Broadheads. I just screwed some Thunderheads in yesterday afternoon (the first time I've tried shooting fixed blades in 3 years), and didn't have a flyer at thirty yards out of the half dozen that I shot, I couldn't say that for the Carbon Express's I was shooting before. I just think they are consistent, and consistency is what makes an arrow accurate. Will I experiment with other arrows? Sure, (I'd like to get a hold of some of the Gold Tip Hunter Pro's to see how they work out). But, I wanted to be able to shoot a fixed blade broadhead again, and tried the ACC's out to see if they helped the consistency and they did. I guess the bottom line is, when I buy a Doz. ACC's I feel like I'll be getting a Dozen arrows that will fly right, I couldn't say that with the CX's I was shooting before.

Gordon
Old 07-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep..I've got one dozen brand new 3-71s waiting for my 80 pound Liberty...gonna be tack driving bowhunting rig...

Gonna have to start selling some bows or my child & wife into slavery to get some more after the season, if I don't go the GT route...A/C/C/s are THAT good
Old 07-02-2004, 11:06 AM

They are the best - I never hunted with them.

Are they worth it.............All depends

Like Jeff - I will be sporting GT pro's or Super Carbon Extremes this year.

Hell I can't shoot straight anyway
Old 07-02-2004, 05:57 PM

Awesome arrows and I have been shooting them for many years. I am playing with some Gold Tip Pros this year myself. The price on the A/C/Cs will continue to push shooters away from the otherwise "best in breed" product.

Dan

Quick Reply: ACC arrows...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.