Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best bowhunting in Country >

Best bowhunting in Country

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best bowhunting in Country

Old 07-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Best bowhunting in Country

Well said Turky Fan buy the way my wife is from Covington Ky and I have seen some realy nice deer there.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:16 PM

For me its the area right under my tree stand, i value any chance i get to go out, whether i see anything or not.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think some of ya fellas miss the point of the topic, while some of you painted us a pretty picture, the questions asks "favorite place to KILL TROPHY CLASS BUCKS with archery". I can't really answer the question because the only place that I've KILLED trophy class bucks is here at home in west-central IL. I would wager that there are parts of IA, KS, or along the Milk River in MT that would be considerably better. Lets get some serious feedback on where to go for a bomber buck.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

WISCONSIN. Over 5000 P&Y kills which is over twice as many as any state except Illinois. Numbers don't lie. Here are the top 5.

WI = 5090
IL = 3749
IA = 2177
OH = 1634
MN = 1557

TX is number 10 with only has 852. Not much for such a BIG state where everything is BIGGER.

All these numbers are from the P&Y Book copyright 2003 second edition.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Wisconsin
Iowa
Illinois
Kansas
Those are my favorites for bucks based on antler size. Numbers do lie, though! I have been in areas of Illinois and iowa where nobody enters there bucks in the record books, but everybody seems to have a few on the wall. The best buck could come from anyone of these states. I would have to look at the individule property or outfitter being considered and make a decision after reveiwing each option. All these states have good spots and bad spots.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas if i got off on the wrong foot in this forum i apologize, however i have never hunted out west like some u fellas who have boon&crocket deer in your back yard[:@] you lucky bumsIf i had a chance i would love to go to montana on the milk river. Seen alot of realtree big bucks taken from there.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anywehre in Southern Wisconsin would be my #2 pick. i think we have the most P&Y entries out of all the states
Your half right. Southern Wisconsin would be the last place I'd pick with CWD and the slaughter thats been going on.
Northern Wisconsin is good but western Wisconsin has the most P&Y entries.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have hunted in Texas, Kentucky, Illinois, and my home state Ohio. I would say that southeastern Ohio and southeastern Illinois are my favorites. Texas is over rated in my opinion! Texas has soo much available land that the number of deer is high but for quality you cant bet the two I mentioned!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:19 AM

I have Hunted Illinois all my life but would love to hunt some brusiers in IA,Kansas and OH.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll take my 100 acres in Ky anyday. Lots of deer and some really nice quality bucks.

Quick Reply: Best bowhunting in Country

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.