Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Release

Old 06-29-2004, 06:03 AM

Default Hunting Release

It has been a couple of weeks since I had the chance to shoot my bow. I cannot find my release, don't ask because I don't know how I could have lost it. I usually just wrap it around my bow but being an ole fart, I just don't know.

This release will be for pratice and hunting. It is possible that I use it a couple of times for 3-D but doubtful.

So which ones should I look at. I'm not even sure what my last one was. I just think I want an adjustable double.

If it matters my draw length is 27" and the bow is an 03 BowTech Pro40 Dually with 60lb limbs.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Release

get an adjustable trigger and a torque free one
Old 06-29-2004, 06:27 AM

I just picked up a Tru Ball tornado glove and am pretty inpressed by how smoothly it shoots. I've shot cobra, jim fletcher and now the truball and hands down the truball is the smoothest release I've shot.

To anyone who has shot a truball and switched. What did you switch to and do you like it better? I'm forever trying to find the best gear and am pretty confidednt I have found the best in the tru ball but am open to suggestions.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:39 AM

Try the new Carter, it is a dream to shoot.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anything by Carter, TruBall or Scott is quality equipment and you cannot go wrong with any of their models.

I use a Carter One shot & Two shot, as well as a Scott Rhino. I'm going to be giving a Tru-Ball Short & Sweet a go soon enough.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tru Fire hurricane glove or a Winn release.

IMO the glove style releases are so much more comfortable than the wrist strap style. The glove distributes the pressure over your entire hand VS. concentrating it all on the left and right side of your wrist.

Give them a try I think you will really like them as I did. I absolutely refuse to use a wrist strap release any more. I have tried to go back to them but they don't hold a candle to the glove for comfort.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:43 PM

I recently switched from a tru ball loop master to a tru ball short and sweet. I didn't realize a release had so much to do with accuracy. My groups shrinked nearly in half. I am very happy with the short-n-sweet!
Old 06-29-2004, 06:01 PM

I'm sure all the above are great !!

But for what it's worth.............I have had many bows,sights,rests,arrows,stabilizers over the last 7 years.......but only one release .........a Scott Mongoose !! It has never let me down !!
Old 06-30-2004, 06:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look at your hand. Those things growing off the end of your palm... They're called 'fingers'. They're the very best hunting release ever invented.

Shooting a 40" bow at 27" draw length, you don't need a hundred dollah release. You need a $20 flipper rest and a $5 tab.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

IMO the glove style releases are so much more comfortable than the wrist strap style. The glove distributes the pressure over your entire hand VS. concentrating it all on the left and right side of your wrist.
I agree. They are very comfy, and allow you to draw more weight or the same with more ease. I just have not been able to find one with a high quality trigger mechanism with minimal or no creep/travel. I love my old Winns/TruFire Bearpaw but it's instant target panic as soon as I start shooting them

Quick Reply: Hunting Release

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.