Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wasp braoadheads?? >

wasp braoadheads??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wasp braoadheads??

Old 06-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wasp braoadheads??

Never heard of the Bullit model. I've been shootin the Hammer SST's for the last couple years. I have to take a ride to the factory and pick up some new ones. Its a small outfit one town over from me. Besides I like to support the locals. Surprized to see they sell all over the place. They've been around since the early seventies I guess. They also claim to be the first head with removable blades. The funny thing is I go factory direct but pay the same price as anyone in the country.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:16 PM

They also claim to be the first head with removable blades.
They were!

Another company, forget which company, has made the claim of being the first. However, Wasp was the first (early 70's) and used Schick injector blades that had been modified to fit the ferrule.

Wasp was always an excellent head, and I can say I have never heard many negatives about Wasp. I can say that Wasp was one of the companies that were prominent in inflating the cost of broadheads. I was an adamant user of Wasp until the their prices soared. I sent them a letter of disgust and stopped using their product a long time ago. Nevertheless, you cannot dis the quality.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:33 PM

i shoot the wasp 100g hammer sst, they fly great and did quick work on the doe i shoot this past year. I have the new boss sst's (not the bullets) on order just to try something new
Old 06-28-2004, 09:29 PM

The Wasp Boss (not bullet), is an awesome head. I tried them out last year and the results were 3 shot's, 3 dead deer, all within 60yds. I actually switched from Muzzy's to try the Boss's and I'm not going back. I personally think the Wasp is a better design. They have a smaller dia. tip, the blades line up with the edges on the tip, and the tip is a much sharper point, thus, better penetration. I'm not saying that Muzzy's are a bad head, their not, I just prefer the Wasp Boss for the reason's I stated.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:00 AM

Excellent broadheads. I have used Wasp heads on and off since 1980
and have never been dissapointed. I used the 3 blase 100 grain SST
fixed blade last year and took a nice 8 point with them. My opinion is
they are better than a muzzy. Wasp blades and tips are alot sharper
and they fly excellent.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Fork Horn

I have used Wasp SST 100 gr since I started bowhunting 6 years ago and have killed probably 15 hogs and a dozen deer and only had to track one deer more than 50 yrds and that was bcause I made a bad shot.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Hey c903, Thats because this state is so god darn expensive. Its insane. I will tell you I'm forced to move because everything is out of reach here. Realestate prices have shot up 40-60% in a few years. I'm sick.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:56 PM

I have shoot Wasp broad heads since they used to be green. I still shoot the three blade wasp cam locks. I have killed 10 py bucks and 6 Bears. For the money you cant go wrong.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Ive used the SST Hammer wasp broadheads in the 100 grain model quite a bit ive killed probably 20 animals with em and havent had a problem the bosses are very close to the same design so im sure they would be great as well