Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stealth Cam Pics 6/14-6/18 >

Stealth Cam Pics 6/14-6/18

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stealth Cam Pics 6/14-6/18

Old 06-18-2004, 10:00 PM

Default RE: Stealth Cam Pics 6/14-6/18

Great pics Frank,

Man, I need to get my new digital trail cam! Still havnt decided which model to get!

I finally busted my Stealth Cam! The LCD screen was only showing parts of the numbers, and I had "new" batteries in it! I tried taking it apart to get to the actual camera's battery and try replacing it, but I broke something. I got it all back together and replaced the AA batteries with my "old" batteries just to find that my girlfriend had switched the batteries and the "new" ones I put in were in fact dead and when I put the "old" ones in, it worked fine, too bad I screwed something up with the camera so it won't advance any film.

Hopefully tommorow I will decide which digital trail cam to go with and order it.

P.S. My best friend saw a buck here in Indiana County that already got most of its rack formed! He said it was a 8 point that had fully developed tines, probablly a 16" wide spread, and the only thing is that his main beams hadn't started to curl back in!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics!

Hopefully I'll be getting mine this Sunday!

Frank

I did some browsing on the Stealth cam that you have and found out that the following film worked the best out of different speeds , brands , etc.
Let me know what your opinion is.

Fuji 200 Superia Xtra
Fuji Color Superia 200
Fuji 200 HQ

Out of the input that was given to "what films worked best" , 200 speed was overwhelmingly unanimous and Fuji seemed to be better quality than the others.

How many exposures do you get? Does it matter?
Old 06-19-2004, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

The higher you go with asa speed film ie 200, 400, 800 etc, the less light is required, so an 800 speed film needs less light than 200 but the 200 gives you better quality. I use 100 in my 35mm camera but use 200 in the game trail and also use 64 speed when shooting slide film. Btw I don't use any film in my ditital .

Good looking pics Frank, keep em coming. I loaned my game trail to a co-worker in North Jersey to get some pics of the bears hitting his trash cans in his back yard. Hope to get some back from him soon.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:39 AM

pa bowhunter have you ever had problems with the stealth cam just snapping off a whole roll of film with just the woods and bushes in them no animals and what is the cure? excellent pictures
Old 06-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey big ten, if there was a branch or bushes in front of the camera, and it was windy, that might set it off and take the picture. I had a friend who put his out and when he developed his film, he had 24 pictures of snow flakes.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

nice pictures PA. looks like the deer are tearing up where you had a slat block
Old 06-19-2004, 03:36 PM

Nice pics.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The higher you go with asa speed film ie 200, 400, 800 etc, the less light is required, so an 800 speed film needs less light than 200 but the 200 gives you better quality. I use 100 in my 35mm camera but use 200 in the game trail and also use 64 speed when shooting slide film. Btw I don't use any film in my ditital
Thanks Rick!

How many exposures do you normally use?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks all for the comments. I will see if I can get all the questions. If I miss anyone then you have my apologies ahead of time.

MM,

After reading all the info provided in regard to shutter speed I think I may just stick with the 200 film instead. It could have been other factors that contributed to slightly better pics last year with the 800 speed film.

Jimbo,

I am guessing he is going to be Pope and Young in another year or two. Definitely Peter Cottontail material.

BM,

Sorry to hear about your camera but considering the price I am guessing you aren't too upset. I am still a bit surprised to hear that you are going to go with a digital. They have their advantages but I just cannot seem to convince myself to buy one yet.

There are two bucks I have been seeing on some local properties that have racks just about to the tips of their ears. I bet they are going to be some bruisers.

Bowfanatic,

I may try the Fuji film the next time. I already have a roll of Kodak 200 speed film in there for when I put it out tomorrow. They "recommend" Kodak film be used but they do not give a reason.

I am using the 24 exposure film but was considering 36. I have not seen anyone comment about this issue so I am not sure if it is entirely possible. Maybe someone else can illuminate us on this issue.

Rick,

Thanks for the tip. I will continue to put the cam out each week from now until the beginning of the season. I think it will be neat to watch the racks grow.

Big ten,

No, I have not had that problem. It could be what BD suggested though I have never had that happen either and there are some twigs, etc... in front of the camera in some of my setups. Could it be that someone is playing with the camera?....or maybe squirrel climbing on it?

shootem up 870,

Actually that is a deer cocane pit that has formed. In the center it is about a foot deep but you can see how they tore up everything within 6 or 7 feet of the central location. It works very well at attracting them to the front of the camera.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

The only reason I can think of to use 24 exposure as opposed to 36 is the batteries stand a better chance of going dead sooner with the 36 exposures.

Quick Reply: Stealth Cam Pics 6/14-6/18

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.