Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a good bow to get.Let me know..... >

What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Old 06-18-2004, 01:05 PM

Default What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

let me know what you guys like.I shoot a pse nova and I like it but Im looking for something a little different and better.give me some ideas.

thanks,Shootr
Old 06-18-2004, 01:54 PM

Default RE: What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Pse make a good bow and you say you like it so why would you want to change? I know, got the itch. What do you dislike about the nova that you would like in a new bow? Will you be faithful to PSE or are you looking for a diffrent manufacturer?

Help us out
Old 06-18-2004, 02:35 PM

Why are you looking to buy a new bow if you like he one you have. I shoot a Hoyt and love it. I have shot a lot of different bows and I still like my Hoyt. I shoot with a lot of guys who shoot Mathews and I take a lot of crap from them but when we go and pull the arrows out of the target mine are right there with them. The way I see it is it is not the bow it is the person shooting it. You can have the fastest and lightest bow on the market and still not be a good bw hunter
Old 06-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

They ALL make good bows. Some make good expensive bows. Some make good affordable bows. And there are a few good, inexpensive bows out there - like your Nova. You need to decide what price range you're after - including whatever accessories you intend to buy with it - and that would help narrow down the choices for you.

Otherwise you're going to get a complete listing of every bow in every manufacturer's catalog by asking a question like this.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:33 PM

Bowtech, Mathews, Hoyt, and Martin.

Look into just about any bow from them.

Bowtech: Liberty, Patriot, Justice, Mighty Might, Extreme.
Mathews: LX, Outback.
Hoyt: ???
Martin: Slayr, Razor X, Prolwer SE, Jaguar.

I would look into any of those bows. They seem to be the most popular and widely used. I'm not a big Hoyt person so I'm not sure what to look into when it comes to them. The main thing is to go to your local Pro Shop and try out as many different bows as you can. Choose one in your price range that you're comfortable shooting. That's the big thing, you need to be comfortable with the bow you're shooting. Good luck, let us know what you decide!
Old 06-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the first question that has to be asked is how much will your budget allow? We can probably narrow down your choices at that point.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:41 PM

My budget will allow about 350$-400$.I like Bowtech and mathews
Old 06-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure if that's what you like you might just be able to find last years model on e-bay or hunters friend if you don't mind a used bow ,you can find some in very good shape pretty reasonable. You need to know your dimension's and to narrow down your choices on these brands as well.

nubo
Old 06-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, unfortunately in that price range I personally do not know of a new Bowtech or Mathews that you can buy. I may be mistaken though. Do you need accessories as well such as sights, arrows, etc...? If so it's going to be pretty tough to get into a BT or Mat for that price.

Check the classifieds here and here's a link to ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/bowtech_W0QQs...ectZ1QQfromZR8
Old 06-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I would upgrade the accessories with the $350 - $400 you are willing to spend. Nothing at all wrong with the bow, but if you bought the combo, the accessories are lacking in quality.

Quick Reply: What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.