Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is a good bow to get.Let me know..... >

What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Old 06-19-2004, 03:25 PM

Default RE: What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

I agree with Josh. Two years ago I bought a low end Hoty called the MT Sport. It came set up with a half dozen carbon arrows for 350.00. Yes it is a low end bow but all I needed to change were the sights. So if you like your bow just upgrade it with newer stuff. I do not think you are going to find a Mathews for what you want to spend.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is nothing wrong with the PSE Nova. It is an entirely functional bow though it may be lacking some of the "Bells and Whistles" of the more expensive models. If you are looking for something a bit faster and a bit more expensive than any of the $300 to $400 North American Archery Group (Jennings, Buckmasters, Fred Bear) or Martin bows would be my suggestion. Both are of good quality considering the price.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:43 PM

I hate PSE, and HOYT they just arent as reliable as Mathews. HOYTs are very very fast but just not as reliable as mathews. right now i am shooting a Alpine Impact Extreme, a very fast, smooth, and quiet bow. Ive shot a mathews LX, and that is a very dependable bow.
Old 06-25-2004, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go to a pro shop and see if you can find what your looking for in last years models,likely get a real good deal on accesories as well,better yet see if the dealer has any "trade in's" that are already accesorized.Also have you thought about the layaway plan.You can shoot it at the shop till the bow is paid for--------just a few ideas
Old 06-26-2004, 12:10 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: jakeschmid

I hate PSE, and HOYT they just arent as reliable as Mathews. HOYTs are very very fast but just not as reliable as mathews.

do i smell bow bashing
Old 06-26-2004, 12:13 PM

also dont listen to any one about how bad a bow is shoot one for yourself. i just bought a hoyt razortec and it is a very very nice bow.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:28 PM

Jake, I have a quick question...
How long have you been shooting Mathews, to be able to compare them to PSE and Hoyt, which by the looks of things you have shot for an extensive period of time, right?
Old 06-26-2004, 05:48 PM

I myself do not bash any bow I like my Hoyt and I shoot with alot of guys who shoot Mathews and I take a lot of crap from them but in the end mine shoots just as good and I paid half the price
Old 06-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

MERLIN
MARTIN
BOWTECH

Check these out and deside for yourself , many more I have not mentioned . These would be the first three Id look at .
Old 06-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Typical Buck

Ultimatly it comes down to what you wish to accomplish with it,such as hunting,3-d,indoor,outdoor, or something as simple as the range. Their are many quality bows in your price range, so start their, then upgrade if you wish as you go along. Visit your local pro shop and shoot the bows in your price range.It does not matter what make it is or how much it costs as long as your happy with it,and it performs the way you want it to.

Quick Reply: What is a good bow to get.Let me know.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.