Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 help on lost arrow >

help on lost arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help on lost arrow

Old 06-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default help on lost arrow

i was shooting today and i was changing in between rest and i lost 2 arrows and it wouldn't bother me but i lost them in a hay field and they will be cutting the hay in the next couple of days and i was wondering do you think this would hurt any of the equipment or anything else any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:54 PM

Default RE: help on lost arrow

it might. i've had a few arrows go through a mower and haybine, good as new. but they had been there a while and the tips rusted to the arrow. good luck on finding the stuff

slayer
Old 06-17-2004, 07:56 PM

I wouldn't worry about the farm equipment.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:05 PM

As long as they dont have broadheads they should be fine.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Fork Horn

i'm not at all worried about the arrows i'm just worried about the farm equipment. i have looked for the arrows but the grass is so tall and thick i couldn't find anything. the price of the arrows would be cheap compared to the price of fixing equipment.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:47 PM

I lost an arrow in our wheat field. My dad ran over it with his combine. It did thousands of dollars of damage to the machine. It was the worst mistake of my life. I hope when I get out of the hospital that I can shoot a bow again. (My dad broke my arm)

Just kidding. It shouldn't cause any damage.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

While asking a farmer for permission to hunt his farm I was set back at his next reply..."Well I don't usually let bowhunters in." I thought what the ....! I asked why of course and he explained that in the past he had found a few arrow pieces in the bails of hay and for the cows sake "it doesn't do a body good." After a few jokes about hunting deer not hay and giving him my word I wouldn't hunt the fields he let me in.

Just something to chew on[:-]
Old 06-17-2004, 09:37 PM

After searching as much as you have I guess there is only so much you can do at this point. Maybe find someone with a metal detector if it really worries you. It should pick up the field point or broadhead I would imagine.

MD Piney
Old 06-17-2004, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't worry about your arrow doing damage to the equipment since there's lots of other thing's in the field such as rock's and tree limb's laying out there .The only thing I'd be worried about is the cost of replacing those arrow's since they're not cheap.haha

nubo
Old 06-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully the hay won't be fead to animals if it has broken up arrows in it.

Quick Reply: help on lost arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.