Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

???????

Old 06-16-2004, 10:08 PM

Default ???????

what do you think .?
a good shot or what?
Old 06-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: ???????

Looks like good placement!
Why no pass through?
What poundage bow are you shooting? Do you have plenty of KE?
Just curious
Old 06-16-2004, 10:17 PM

70lb darton rapier
no passthrough because the arrow went through both shoulders with 4 inch of the arrow out the other side
Old 06-16-2004, 11:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

what do you think .?
I like my eggs over easy , my toast dark , and my bacon nice & crispy , what time is breakfast

Nice shot!
Old 06-17-2004, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks like very good shot placement though I would be curious about the penetration issue as well.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:37 AM

why'd you shoot a black lab?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:16 AM
nub

a good shot or what?
Hard to tell with all that grass in the way. Looks a little too far forward. You hit both plates?
Old 06-17-2004, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand, as long as my broadhead penetrates through both lungs it will die. I don't know why people care so much how far there arrow goes after it kills the animal.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:20 AM

I don't understand, as long as my broadhead penetrates through both lungs it will die. I don't know why people care so much how far there arrow goes after it kills the animal.
Nuge........they will die no doubt......but depending on the terrain......it doesn't mean that you will find them ! (Changing my "Why" meaning "Y" = Redneck for "Just") ........" Just" take a high hit on an entrance and no exit.........there will be little to no blood ! A hundred yards across a field is nothing......or open woods.........but a hundred yrds into a thicket that has you crawling on hands and knees and your constantly hitting trails running uphill,downhill,left,right,straight,diagonal,etc.w ithout any blood......is a whole nother story !! Figure not everyone has access to a good trailing dog and meat ruining within several hours in early bow season ..........and you are wanting that exit wound.......hopefully low.......hopefully with no arrow to clog up any blood flow !

As to the thread........looks like a dead animal.......hard to argue with that type of result !
Old 06-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

WHAT'S UP WITH YOU PEOPLE. He said the arrow came out the other side FOUR INCHES, so technically he has an exit wound. Give this guy a F-ing break. He wants to show everyone what he's done...not get ridiculed!

Hell of a shot and a great looking bear. Hope thats me one day.

Jay

ORIGINAL: CBM SC

Nuge........they will die no doubt......but depending on the terrain......it doesn't mean that you will find them ! Why......take a high hit on an entrance and no exit.........there will be little to no blood ! A hundred yards across a field is nothing......or open woods.........but a hundred yrds into a thicket that has you crawling on hands and knees and your constantly hitting trails running uphill,downhill,left,right,straight,diagonal,etc.w ithout any blood......is a whole nother story !! Figure not everyone has access to a good trailing dog and meat ruining within several hours in early bow season ..........and you are wanting that exit wound.......hopefully low.......hopefully with no arrow to clog up any blood flow !

As to the thread........looks like a dead animal.......hard to argue with that type of result !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.