Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Damn basspro

Old 06-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default Damn basspro

Just venting. I ordered a nice camo mesh flex hat from basspro for a summer cap for jus $10, and as long as i kept the order under $15 it was still just $4 shipping. So I figured I would grab some bright eyes trail markers while ordering, since they are hard to find around here. Anyway the hat was out of stock so they just shipped me the trail markers. $3 dollar trail markers with $4 shipping. I know its a little thing but still gets me probably cuz i really wanted that HAT haha. Anyway I called and the lady said it already shipped and sorry they ship so fast.

Whatever, Im stickin with Cabelas

Jim
Old 06-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Damn basspro

It seems I do probably 60 percent with Cabelas and 40 percent with Bass Pro. Shipping charges suck with either one.[&o] But they have some good prices which help to make up the differance.

I am just wondering...Has anyone been to Springfield lately and is the Fred Bear Museum open yet? Just curious. If it is....
Roadtrip!
Old 06-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Seems to me you shouldn't bear the burden of them not having an item in stock. They should have sent it for free and charged you when they sent the hat. I guess when the hat does come in, they'll hit you with shipping again. Bad business...
Old 06-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

If somethings on backorder at cabelas they don't make you pay the extra shipping.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:54 AM

Basspro charges the shipping on the first items shipped in the order. Backordered items are sent at their expense. I have had several items backordered from bass pro. I don't like the shipping charges either, but if you place a high dollar order the lack of sales tax offsets some it.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had several items backordered from bass pro
Every time I try and shop at Bass Pro half the stuff I want is backordered....which is the main reason I don't buy from them anymore. Cabela's gets a fair share of my business, but a lot of smaller mail order places like Keyston Country Store, F/S Discount Archery, and 3 Rivers Archery get theirs too.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:58 PM

I've never had a problem with Cabelas and their customer service is great. Just ordered a new Cube target from them. Their web site is very nice and let's you know if the item is in stock or not. Never ordered an item that wasn't it stock.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Just one of many reasons to support your local proshops.[&:]
Old 06-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesn't matter which one you get from. If the same situation arises you'll get the same results. And whoever thinks their prices are good doesn't work in retail. Almost all their prices are retail. I can buy stuff locally for cheaper.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

http://shop.eaglearchery.com/

Check this shop out. No shipping on orders over 15.00. Prices aren't to bad either.