Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 making my decision today (need help) >

making my decision today (need help)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

making my decision today (need help)

Old 06-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default making my decision today (need help)

i'm going to get either the bowtech patriot,mighty mite or the liberty what do you guys think i'm really having a tough time deciding all your help is highly appreciated thanks.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:02 AM

Default RE: making my decision today (need help)

Write the names of the bows down on small pieces of paper, put them in a hat and pull one out! That is the one to get

Seriously though, they are all awsome bows! I have all three of them, and I know own a Liberty. Last year, I had the MightyMite!

The MightyMite is a speed demon in a tiny package! I found that accuracy with the MightyMite was very good, especially for the tiny a.t.a. length.

The Patriot is a sweet shooter! It has a nice smooth draw cycle, and it is another speed demon.

The Liberty may not be a speed demon, but I can shoot mine all day long! The draw force curve on the bow is just amazing, and accuracy is crazy! I need to get new arrows as I have went through 10 of the 12 that I got in Jan.

Whatever you choose, it is a great buy.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you like all 3 equally I would think a bit about performance.....

The Liberty isn't a speed burner, but very respectable and a butter smooth draw.........If you are a 30 or 29" draw length, it's tough to go wrong here. I have a 30" draw length and this bow is an absolute PLEASURE to shoot. Even at 30" /70# and 350grs it is extremely quiet and mild. With a 400gr and up arrow it is downright PLUSH to shoot.
Speed is decieving because it's so soft at the shot.

The Patriot is a much faster bow, the draw cycle is a bit stiffer than the Liberty so if draw weight is not a concern or if you are under 29" draw length you can have the performance of the Liberty at 29 or 30". This is definitely one of the best choices in an hunting bow, especially for a shorter draw archer who doesn't want to give up any energy.

Both are very quiet and stable bows when shot.......the Liberty just a tad milder in both regards but quite comparable.
The Liberty is the quietest bow I have ever shot period.

The Mighty Mite........if you want a shorty this is a great choice. It's super fast, and as stable as you will find in a short ATA bow due to it's longer riser and short parallel limbs.

I haven't shot one except a bit at the ATA show but guys who have them are saying that it's quite accurate. I would equate it to a smaller version of the Patriot.

See if you can shoot them side by side one final time..........one of them should 'Speak" to you. Make your choice and don't look back. You can't go wrongwith any of them.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

i have a 27 inch draw so thats gonna take away
alot of speed
Old 06-09-2004, 11:32 AM

I haven't owned a Bowtech ......but based on my observations looking at them...... I would go with a Patriot VFT !

The Liberty is a very smooth drawing bow.........but the Patriot really isn't far behind it ! The 7" brace height is good enough , especially since you have a 27" draw ! You will get better speed in a package very similar to the Liberty !
Old 06-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

I feel your pain but regardless which ever you pick you;ll have one of the best bow's on the market . If I had my pick I'd go with the Liberty since I have a Patriot Dually .Good luck choosing you'll be happy which ever way you pick.

nubo
Old 06-09-2004, 01:13 PM

Deer hunter,I like you have a 27" draw length too and purchased the justice this year.It is the shorter version of the liberty and the preformance is only around 4 fps different.I love this bow but I wish I had of bought the mighty mite now because it was so much faster and I could have had more arrow energy which is harder for us short draw archers to achieve.With your 27" draw I would go with the patriot or mighty mite the draw cycles are a little harsher but once you start shootin em regularly they are not bad.I will not get rid of my justice but I plan on purchasing a new patriot or extreme in the near future.I am leaning more toward the patriot because to be as fast as it is it really feels smooth to me.Anyway whichever you choose as long as it is a bowtech you wont be dissappointed!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would pick the Mighty Mite because it is short & fast. Someday I will find a BowTech dealer near me.[] I would love to shoot the BowTech line of bows. I shoot a Darton Typhoon. I love my Typhoon, I would like to put it head to head against a BowTech.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:19 PM

One thing I keep hearing is energy! Forgot about that! Any of todays hunting bows has enough energy at any draw weight (to a certain extent) to kill game!

I was into the whole speed gig before! I wanted to get the most out of my bow no matter what, but, there are so many things that are more important! I would much rather have a bow shooting at 240 f.p.s. that is dead quiet, smooth draw, accurate, stable, forgiving, ect.. than a bow shooting at 310 f.p.s. that isn't as quiet, smooth, stable, forgiving, ect..

Sure, BowTech seems to blend speed with the other aspects that hunters want (quiet, accurate, forgiving, smooth, stable, ect...) but some guys are running out and shooting a Pat vs a Liberty and saying that they love the Liberty's feel but they bought the Pat because of the speed! Speed and energy isn't a reason to purchase a bow, you should examine every aspect of the bow.

One thing I do is write down all the attributes that I am looking for in a bow, such as looks, comfort, quietness, stability, accuracy, fit and feel, smooth draw cycle, ect.. and I rank each one of these attributes of the bow on a scale of 1 to 5. When done, total up the scores and it helps you to see which bow has more of the overall performance that you are looking for!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

some guys are running out and shooting a Pat vs a Liberty and saying that they love the Liberty's feel but they bought the Pat because of the speed! Speed and energy isn't a reason to purchase a bow, you should examine every aspect of the bow.

One thing I do is write down all the attributes that I am looking for in a bow, such as looks, comfort, quietness, stability, accuracy, fit and feel, smooth draw cycle, ect.. and I rank each one of these attributes of the bow on a scale of 1 to 5. When done, total up the scores and it helps you to see which bow has more of the overall performance that you are looking for
Great reply Buck Magnet! I wish I would have used a list this year before I bought my first bow a Hoyt X-Tec. I have since seen the light & traded it for a bow that fits me better & I shoot better. The bow I traded for was a Darton Typhoon.

Quick Reply: making my decision today (need help)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.