Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 AXIS ST Arrows - update. >

AXIS ST Arrows - update.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AXIS ST Arrows - update.

Old 06-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: AXIS ST Arrows - update.

P.S. - I rolled a few dozen Axis shafts and was not impressed
Well that explains it. You actually need to shoot them to see how they work....
Old 06-04-2004, 08:03 AM

Well that explains it. You actually need to shoot them to see how they work....
lol......I have to figure out how to put them together first

And unless they are the first crooked shaft ever made that groups broad heads well - I will take my "un-educated" guess on there performance to the bank.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

And unless they are the first crooked shaft ever made that groups broad heads well - I will take my "un-educated" guess on there performance to the bank

Yeah, but if you cut about 10 inches off of each end and then roll them again I bet they will be just fine.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:49 AM

Thanks Len in Maryland. When these arrows first came out I bought a half dozen. Within the first week 3 of them started cracking near the hit insert. The shop I bought them at glued the inserts in with goat tuff, so I could shoot them right away. Well that first half dozen didnt last, because of the hair line cracks near the inserts. I posted this on the hunting net right away, no one had the answer. I dont know why but I bought another dozen arrows and then used the epoxy that comes with them, and I havent had a single problem with them yet.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

By voicing our opinions on everything in life, changes for the better can and usually do happen. That's the beauty of a 'free' society and I'll take this moment to thank all our Armed Forces for that freedom.
I hope you remeber the next time someone voices a negative opinion of a pro shop or manufacturer
Old 06-04-2004, 11:59 AM

There is a BIG difference between voicing opinions and detailing test results compared to outright 'slamming'. It's all in how the information is presented.

Yes, I may try to defend some PRO Shops and some manufacturers from the 'slamming' process done by many on this and other forums. If I see, however, an outright attempt to dupe the end user/customer; I do, as I'm sure most would, have a problem with that.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info Len , I am pretty sure most value your opinion , myself included . Too bad they did'nt use the half-outserts like a 3-39 acc uses . While allot of members touted these arrows , I have had bad luck with them , cant get them to group . I've been useing acc3-49s and beman matrix with good results , but man they cost . Pure carbons never realy grouped for me , with the exception of ce terminators , and they lost it after a couple hundred shots .
Old 06-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Len,

What is in your opinion "slamming" may just be someone elses honest opinion. Unless you know all the circumstances then you have no way to know otherwise. Therefore, you should honor that right that you were speaking of.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:22 PM

We'll have to leave it up to each individual/group to determine critique/testing verses slamming. It's at times a fine line separating the two.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:40 PM

Silent,

Here is what I have found from this board.

Generally, the slamming comes from arrogant, ignorant individuals who usually have nothing to offer. There are a few here at BBS.

Critiquing/helpful opinions come from those who have the knowledge, and have done the testing to prove so, and are trying to be helpful to the group. Proud to say that there are quite a few here at BBS.

As long as you know where you fall, thats all that matters.

Quick Reply: AXIS ST Arrows - update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.