Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Awesome Spring Bear Hunt >

Awesome Spring Bear Hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Awesome Spring Bear Hunt

Old 06-01-2004, 08:41 PM

Default Awesome Spring Bear Hunt

Just got back from a great bear hunt in Manitoba. Six of us went to Manitoba and came home with 5 black bear, four of which exceed the P&Y minimum. The smallest bear was 275lbs while the largest was a whooping 470lbs. My bear came in at 340lbs. He presented me a 25 yard shot and the Mathews Legacy did the rest. This was my first black bear hunt and I plan on going back!!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Awesome Spring Bear Hunt

Congrats!!!!

Any pictures?
Old 06-01-2004, 09:07 PM

Forgot the picture

Old 06-01-2004, 11:05 PM

congrats! nice bear and great picture
Old 06-02-2004, 04:50 AM

Sound like you had a good time. Nice looking Bear. thanks for sharing your Pic with us.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Legacy hunter! sure sound's like a great hunt one to be proud of for sure. That's one awsome awsome blacky you got there ,he look's pretty intimidating to me.How did it feel when you had that big fella coming in and standing in front of you ,did the hair on the back of your neck stand up and send a shiver down your spine?

nubo
Old 06-02-2004, 08:33 AM

That is a beauty! Congratualtions! I went on a hunt in New Brunswick a few years back. I shot a bear that weighed about 130#. I was really bummed because I thought it was a bruiser. I have the hardest time determining the size. Did you know for sure that it was a big one? If so, how did you distinguish it from a small one?
Old 06-02-2004, 11:38 AM

Nubo - He looked awesome standing there. He has a white "V" crest on his chest that really stands out. It took a few seconds to overcome the shakes but I was lucky enough to see several bear before him to get over the "Holy @#%& it's a bear" response.

BagginBigguns - I was hunting with KC Outfitters and they have multiple locations that have lots of bears roaming around. I spent the first couple days video taping and working on my ability to guess the size of the bear. In the evening I would show the video to the guides and see how close I was in my estimation of size. But one thing is for sure, when the big ones come in you know right away that he is a bruiser. If you catch yourself not sure, don't take him. The big ones flat out look HUGE.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:54 AM

A really big bear will wobble when he comes is especially around the midsection. Also if his ears appear to be large he is probably not a very large bear. The bigger the head gets the smaller the ears look on the bear.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Spike

hey that is a great bear. That is going to make an awsome rug. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Awesome Spring Bear Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.