Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!! >

Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Old 05-20-2004, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

IMO, any rest with micro-adjust is one step up. I don't like having to tune high speed setups with "standard" rests....micro-adjust makes life that much easier. I've never shot a MZE, but I'd consider it greatly if it had micro-adjust and didn't cost an arm and a leg.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would be interested in it Len. You know me...either a new idea or a new addition to an old one and I will give it a whirl.

Just as long as "they" do not double the price of the rest just because of the microadjustment....
Old 05-20-2004, 06:10 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me, I would be interested. On a side note does anyone know where you can get a replacement cable slide for the MZE? Mine is starting to get some grooves worn in it and it is starting to chew up my string....I think I need a new one. Can these be ordered from Muzzy?
Old 05-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Lefty... how old is your Muzzy. I took my bow into Len for an end of season tune up, new cables etc. While it was there his techie guy installed a new Muzzy slide for me. They've come out with a new material, new and improved slide. Mine was about 3 years old. I'm sure you can order from Muzzy or your local shop can get it for you. I'm not sure... but it seems it was $15 there or about installed. Don't hold me to that price... I'm not positive.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:58 AM

The concern about price should not be a big issue. My first design involved extra parts and, in all honesty, was an attempt to copy some existing ideas. The final design is so simple, and uses so few extra parts, that cost is kept to a minimum. Many of you will be surprised at the simplicity if/when it gets to the market.

I personally can't see offering a micro-adjust for every option that they have; but moreso, offering it as a Dealer option. This would enable a 'trade up' by the customer. It's something that has to be discussed by marketing personnel.

David: I've got raw material readily available to build several more. Do you think I'd leave out my "huntin' bud"? Then again, if you don't get to doing your share in the shooting - hmmmmmm???

Lefty26: We have every MZE part in stock that is available if you can't find it locally.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:07 AM

Len: I take it you run an archery shop, where in B-More are you located? I will slide up one weekend and get the part for the rest, I also need a new string installed now too.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:26 AM

Lefty26:

Yes, I do run an archery shop. I sent you an e-mail with the address, phone number and directions.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds great , I love that rest and micro-adjust would be a plus . If at all posable Id like to see them incorparate some simms sound damining in them , while not very loud , on some bows it does make more noise at the shot than others . The teflon slides were a big improvement . Id like to see an improvement in the locknut on the side allso , it seems to lossen over time .
Old 05-20-2004, 08:36 AM

I have not used the named rest, but anytime you can micro-adjust a rest I believe you are ahead of the game.

That said, let us now see how consistent the moderators are with the enforcement of forum posting rules. However, ignore my subtle hint if a certain party is a paying advertiser, not just popular.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Len.

I have MZE's set up on both my bows I would certainly be interested in a Micro Adjust upgrade for them.

Quick Reply: Micro-adjust Muzzy Zero Effect!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.