Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your dedication? >

What is your dedication?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your dedication?

Old 05-13-2004, 06:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is your dedication?

No, I do not pay for a lease but would consider it if I could get on one that was close to my home and only allowed hunting for myself and my hunting partners...within a reasonable price range as well. Having hunted on public land for most of my life has taught me just how precious a private piece of property trully is.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:13 AM

never paid a penny - all public or non posted private land open to the masses.

I guess I would if I had to.

My longest ride is 40 min. - most are about 20 min.

Close and free
Old 05-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do not pay, I am just nice and friendly to the landowners, and offer help if they need me too.
I would hold out paying for as long as I could, its just not in my thinking to pay to hunt.
Most of my hunting places are 30-45 minutes away.
Old 05-13-2004, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not pay for a lease. I hunt public land and drive 45-60 minutes. At present I'm looking at buying some land but haven't found anything yet.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:40 AM

I pay quite a bit. Before my family and I bought property, we hunted a club whose dues were $5,000/yr, but you could kill 5 bucks per membership, so we could split it between 3 of us.

However, after buying this land, my payments will be more along the lines of $10,000 a year. BUT, this is also an investment. On our 450 acres, 200 of it is pine plantation. We hope to get our money back and more, it will just be spread out over 20yrs or more.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:13 AM

Yes, I pay for a lease and proud to do it..It is situated between the yazoo river and the miss river in Vicksburg.MS.. I drive a hour and a half to get there but it is well worth it... We can hunt everything possible there on the island. I have a mobile home there and my family goes and enjoys themselves. We even spend some holidays over there...
Old 05-13-2004, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Here in WI we have lots of good public land. I don't know if there is alot of leasing going on. I DO know that unfortunately, to buy even one good fourty, it's gonna cost you at least $120,000.00. At least in the area I live in. You could get alot of years of leases on a fourty for that amount.(And not have the taxes to pay).
Old 05-13-2004, 08:21 AM

woofer, where do you live. I used to hunt not too far from you, over around Onward, MS. What is the name of your club?
Old 05-13-2004, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a few spots that are all pretty close, but don't pay to hunt. Last year I took my first trip across the state and wow, after seeing the big boys out on the open prairies I'll be heading back there again. It's about 4 hours away from here.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

No Pay, never. Public land and Timber company ground open to the public.

I have hunting areas 5 minutes away up to 4 hours away in state.

Quick Reply: What is your dedication?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.