Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 <UPDATE> Hybrid cams=winds of change blowing >

<UPDATE> Hybrid cams=winds of change blowing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

<UPDATE> Hybrid cams=winds of change blowing

Old 05-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default <UPDATE> Hybrid cams=winds of change blowing

Maybe some of you remember the thread I posted about the hybrid cams?
Well I thought I would give you all an update on the latest...
I finally got ane of these "hybrid"cam bows! I decided on the DARTON Magnum Extreme.
70# x 28 1/2" draw + 373gr arrows = 282fps For me this thing is a hand held rocket launcher! Just bought my first multi-pin sight and may just switch back to the single pin as right now I don't have enough gap to need a multi-pin sight. We'll wait and see on that one though.
I have only had it a few hours and like it much better than the Mathews I got rid of.
It has a solid wall, and a really nice valley. The Mathews has neither. While sighting in, I was already busting nocks and tearing vanes. IMO the Darton @ 70# draws smoother than the Mathews @ 60#
I spent a couple of hours down with Len @ Macrotech and we fiddled around w/ the bow getting on the accessories and of course, working on shooting form.
This guy is a man after my own heart...he fully understands how 1/1000th of an inch can make a difference and that it is important. (There is a joke there but I will leave that for someone else.)
Seriously though, if you live even close to the area, do yourself a favor and drop in and see him. Definitely one of the good guys!
Guess I'll be pulling the Mathews stickers off the ol' bow case.
Now to put it to the test on some of that spring deer hunting that needs to be done. I can't wait!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: <UPDATE> Hybrid cams=winds of change blowing

Just be glad you didnt put that Mathews sticker on your vehicle. Congrats on the new bow.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Josh,
I have to say that Len really got me started questioning my blind acceptence of my Mathews, but when I read all the things folks were saying about these hybrid cam systems, both here and else where, I decided to really give them a stronger look with open eyes.
A big Thank you to everyone who participated in that post as you may be partly responsible for my new bow![]
Old 05-11-2004, 09:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Yeh, MARK... I love my Darton. I don't like the shorties so have the Maverick Recurve. As far as Len... well... he's my guy too. If I'd known you were making the trip I'd tried to pay you a visit. Although, I did have to work today. Enjoy.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new Darton, been wanting to try one out myself. My hand is almost healed enough to start pulling the bow again and their is a Darton dealer nearby. Just the feel of the grip is enough to make me interested. Glad you were able to have such a great shop such as Len's to help.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Len also helped me to "see the truth" in so much as to at least give the CPS system a try. I was not brand loyal but never consider Dartons silly little cam. Then I read about the benifits, followed some advice and drive 3 hours to my nearest stocking dealer. I left with a Rampage and couldn't be happier! Not only do you get a smooth fast bow, you get one that fits just right. I know they are not for everyone, but I encourage those intrested in buying a new bow to at least give them a try before buying something else. Of course it didn't hurt that you had Len helping you out!
Old 05-12-2004, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the new bow. Len is definitely a man to talk to when it comes to bows and archery equipment. I spent a little over an hour with him one time and it felt like 5 minutes.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want a "LEN" in WI. Really, does anyone know who would be a great guy to go to in southern WI. I live NEAR Madison.[]
I DO NOT LIVE IN MADISON. Madison is like 40 square miles of LIBERAL $HIT surrounded by reality.[:@]
Old 05-12-2004, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrat.

I also shoot Darton, Tundra Extreme for me. Just got it a few weeks back. The dealer that I got it from set up up wrong (cam positions), and I had a problem with the bow "kicking", after I found the problem and fixed it it shot real nice.

Best of luck with it.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:16 AM

way to go mark! another one has seen the light.
like davidmil, i am shooting the maverick extreme, and love it!
i am getting tremendous speed even with my short DL of 27.5.
its a tack driver out to 60 yards too!

quiet, accurate, and speedy. what more could i ask for, except a handfull of those crop damage permits that uour getting!

enjoy it buddy.

Quick Reply: <UPDATE> Hybrid cams=winds of change blowing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.