Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

East vs. West

Old 05-12-2004, 01:27 PM

Default RE: East vs. West

ORIGINAL: Elkcrazy8

I have hunted and lived in both. I now reside in Idaho and will never leave this place. Don't get me wrong. The east has some fantastic hunting and I plan to go back to hunt with some old friends. But I would give it all up for elk hunting with a bow in the great state of Idaho.
i totaly agree with u buddy. i also live in Idaho and the elk hunting is the best. and it gets 100x better when u get 1 i have lived in the West all my life and i dont think i could go to the East and hunt. no offence to the people that hunt in the East. its just that i have fell in love with the west.

o and Elkcrazy8 what part in Idaho do u live?
Old 05-12-2004, 02:04 PM

I've hunted both, and they are both great. I hunt the most in the east, but only because I live there. One cannot replace the other. Each is a different experinece and worth having, and I would not hunt in one to the exclusion of the other.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would love to go out West but I am just a treestand type of guy. Therefore, I prefer to hunt the midwest on East. Whitetails in treestands is the Holy Grail for me. however, I would like to go chase a bull elk around with a bow for a couple of weeks.
Old 05-12-2004, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rack-attack

I would NEVER hunt out West..............

Work my but off to shoot a beauty of a 12 point - Just to bring it back to camp to hear all the locals telling me I shot a 6 point[][][:-]

HAHA.... Rack ya know we cant count past 10 out here, so we keep it simple.

I was born and raised out west. I have lived in Idaho and Montana my entire life. I have hunted once in Alberta Canada on a "hunter host" permit with a friend and loved that country up there. I haven't had the priviledge to hunt the mid-west or east, but sure would love to someday.

Silent, Northern Idaho and North Western Montana are full of timber, lots of trees!
Old 05-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shed, if that was an invitation just tell me when to be there and what I need to bring

Actually, I wasn't even thinking about the Milk River etc. so yea I could do the out west thing
Old 05-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

idahoelkinstructor, I live in Boise. I guesse that you would call it base camp. I hunt all over the great state of Idaho. Where are you Idaho hunters from?
Old 05-12-2004, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elkcrazy8,
My hubby (idahoelkinstructor) and I live in Idaho Falls...
just opposite of you.
Old 05-12-2004, 08:03 PM

midwest... central wisconsin
Old 05-12-2004, 08:22 PM

i live in northern idaho(sandpoint)
Old 05-12-2004, 09:58 PM

I live in Montana and love hunting in the west. Although I would like to give the midwest or the east a try one day. I love stalking those elk though, because I don't have alot of patience for sitting in a blind or a tree stand. I guess that will have to change soon though because I'm going bear hunting over bait and I will be setting in a tree stand.

Quick Reply: East vs. West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.