Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Same arrows for hunting and 3d? >

Same arrows for hunting and 3d?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Same arrows for hunting and 3d?

Old 05-06-2004, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Same arrows for hunting and 3d?

I'm just wondering if everyone uses the same arrows for 3d as they do for hunting. I was switching back and forth between my Easton axis and CXL 250's. I hated have to sight and resight everytime I wanted to go shoot or hunt. I decided I'm just going to shoot the axis, because all 3d is really doing (besides being fun) is giving me practice for the hunting. Anyway, just wondering your thoughts. thanks
Old 05-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Same arrows for hunting and 3d?

My thoughts? Since I use 3d primarily for fun and practice I use the same arrows I hunt with. Also at the distances I shoot at I've never noticed a difference between a $65 set of carbons that are .005 straightness factor -vs- a $100 set of carbons that are .002 straightness factor. JMHO , but I see alot of guys throwing money away on the premium arrows and they dont shoot any better. I know they help the truly good archers out there who can put an arrow in the x ring at 60 yds 2 out 3 times but I'm not in their league and neither is the average archer.
Old 05-07-2004, 04:53 AM

I'm in the same boat. I use the same arrows I hunt with for 3D. I just shoot 3D for practice for hunting and for fun. Heck sometimes my buddy and I score a round by whether or not we were in the kill zone, not by the rings on the target. If you are just shooting 3D for practice for hunting and fun then just use the same arrows and be done with it. As a basketball coach I wouldn't tell my kids to practice in sandals and then have them wear their sneakers in the games. I'd say sell the CXL 250's and buy another dozen Axis shafts and use them exclusively. JMHO though
Old 05-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I, too, have been in the mindset to use the same arrows for both hunting and 3D shooting...the Easton Axis.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:22 AM

I shoot the same as well. If I had two bows I might shoot diffrent arrow but with one bow this only makes sence to me. No need to make it any more complicated then it already is.
Old 05-07-2004, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arrows are the most important variable in the mix , buy the best you can afford , and make sure they are a dead match to your bow , and you will endure much less frustration .
Old 05-07-2004, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the same arrow. I can't see a reason for me to shoot different arrows. The arrows that I am shooting are 444gr and I am right at the 280 cut off limit so there wouldn't be nay benefit by going to lighter arrows. Of course, I could buy something in a fat shaft but I am not that serious about it.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree guys, the CXL's are up on archerytalk. I like the axis too much to get anything different.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:57 AM

I use the same arrows........don't really care about winning a 3-d tourny.......just like getting the practice for the real deal !!
Old 05-07-2004, 02:57 PM

I use my same arrows for everything. Every now and then ill switch, maybe to a smaller feather or a lighter weight point, but normally its not worth my while.

Quick Reply: Same arrows for hunting and 3d?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.