Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 whats your draw weight >

whats your draw weight

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whats your draw weight

Old 05-07-2004, 01:17 PM

Default RE: whats your draw weight

Maxed out at 67 lbs.
Old 05-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

bird hunt dog,

I think the poundage we pull should be relative to what feels comfortable to us personally. We are human, and very different in body type and strength. My friend is 6 4 290lbs and built like a pro football player. He chooses to pull 90lbs because it feels good to him, a 70lb bow feels like a toy to him.

I personally like to create as much KE as I comfortably can for the big game I hunt out here in the west. ELk, Bear, Deer. Also my bow manufacture states that my bow preforms best when fully maxed out. I purposely bought my Samson to up the KE. These new bows (my bowtech) pulls really smoothly and easily even at the higher poundages. So why not if your comfortable with it..... increase flat shooting trajectory and KE? I feel it makes me a more efficient hunter, because my bow shoots flatter and harder and in no way do I notice a difference in that 1 shot I am gonna get to take on a LIVE animal. If I was a 3-D shooter and God bless em all, and shot over and over again, I may notice in regards to shooting stamina, but I am not an archer, just a bowhunter.

Shed
Old 05-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thats fair! I was just curious I here of to many people that think they have to shoot 90Lbs to be an effective bow hunter. And if your shooting that kind of poundage because thats where your comfortable thats great!

I also feel shooting faster with a lighter arrow is just as good as shooting slower with a heavyer one! Any thoughts?
Old 05-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Point Bird...

As for Idaho we have to shoot 400 grains minimum for hunting...., so we are forced to shoot a little more poundage.... and I agree...only if its comfortable!... to reach what some folks get shooting lighter and faster..

hehehe.... I gotta be honest...I like HVY and FAST ! equals flat and high KE. I think my bow-set up was at 89lbs of KE when I had it tested

Shed
Old 05-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Cool![8D]
I was not aware that some states had a grain requirement.
I've been shelterd and haven't hunted anywere but here[&o]
Doesn't anyone want to take me huntin
Old 05-08-2004, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bird dog hunt- If your shooting Bemans you are shooting an Easton product, just a better one.

64# maxed out .
Old 05-08-2004, 06:13 AM

60#'s here. I thought about upgrading my limbs to a 70# set but after installing a drop away rest, fletcher peep and taking everything off my string except for my string loop I'm getting 272fps with 5575 Gold Tip's at 396grs. I guess that's not too bad for 60# bow?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:50 AM

70 lbs even on my new Outback
Old 05-08-2004, 02:04 PM

70 lbs.
Old 05-08-2004, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

mines 55

Quick Reply: whats your draw weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.