Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 has anybody ever dropped there bow out of there treestand >

has anybody ever dropped there bow out of there treestand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

has anybody ever dropped there bow out of there treestand

Old 05-06-2004, 02:50 PM

Default has anybody ever dropped there bow out of there treestand

just wondering.......did you mess up your bow.......my buddy dropped is bow one time just messed his sights up....and by the way it was a matthews bow......
Old 05-06-2004, 03:00 PM

Default RE: has anybody ever dropped there bow out of there treestand

I'm suprised he could find it with all the deer crap down there. Must have blended in pretty good.
P.S You're sure he dropped it.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

My old man dropped his old Bear Flare out of the tree once, they have them ball bearings the limbs rest aganst. He had a mess his bow was in peices!

I droped my Magna Tec last year. it hit every branch on the way down. Sounded like heck. I thought for sure something would be messed up but no ill effects
Old 05-06-2004, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I tossed mine from a tree one time. I was climbing my dad's lader stand and got to the top when it started spinning around the tree.......dad didn't have it very tight!! So to have an extra hand, I tosses my mathews from about 15'. After I regained my balance, re-adjusted the stand, I climbed dow to retrieve my GREAT BOW!!! Guess what, no damage nothing was moved and it was ready to roll. I had the luxury of throwing it so it landed flat in a little thorn thicket, so its fall was cushioned. Shot it when I got home and it was right on the money!!

my buddy dropped is bow one time just messed is sights up....and by the way it was a matthews bow......
Piece of crap sights anyway!!!! Too bad Mathews don't make them too!! Then he wouldn't have had a problem!
Old 05-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

BHD, Good to hear you had no problems with the Magnatec. I use that same one for hunting. I have never dropped it but I have wondered what to expect if (or when) I do.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:20 PM

Dropped one from 30ft!!! Luckily, I was hunting in a briar thicket and it just lightly kissed the ground after riding those thick briars to the ground. It did bust one of fiber optic sights But no damage to the bow.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I droped my Oneida Tomcat from 30'. It fell out of the holder. I can say for years I have always thought about that and if I could get it back up without climbing down. When it happened I had to put it to the test. I put a slip knot in my rope and hooked my sights and pulled the bow up. There was no damage done. I shot a bambi five minutes later.

That bow still shoots great today.
Old 05-06-2004, 05:47 PM

I droped a Protec from 35 ft. Shot a deer (I don't use a rope) just lost the darn thing. Of course, my luck I was not in a thicket, so it went straight to the ground. I had an AEP stabilizer and it hit square on that and bent it in half. However this was a good owe man because it cushioned the blow for the bow. New stabilizer and sims limb saver and I was ready to rock.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:41 PM

Sounds like there might be a new market for a new "Whisker Biscuit" idea.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeh, and the 20' drop is what broke my cheap-assed plastic sight. That's why my accessories are always the best and my sights are all metal, with the exception of the fiber optics.

Quick Reply: has anybody ever dropped there bow out of there treestand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.