Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Women hunters..... >

Women hunters.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Women hunters.....

Old 05-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Women hunters.....

Hello,
I will introduce myself as a new subscriber to this site. There aren't many things that my husband can do on a computer, but finding this site was the best yet! I am the wife of Idahoelkinstructor. And my question is very simple... How many women are there that also subscribe to this site? Not only that but I am curious to see how many husbands, fathers, brothers etc. take the women in their lives hunting? I came from a family where I was the closest thing to a "Son" my father had until my 2 brothers were born, because I was such a tomboy. I truly enjoy being out in the great outdoors with my family and husband. There is no way that I will let my daughter and son (Unless it is by their choice) not have the same wonderful hunting experiences that I was able to have, first with my father and now with my husband. I really would enjoy hearing from other people.... Thanks and enjoy all the hunting you can!!

For a good laugh check this one out..... http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=624132
Old 05-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Women hunters.....

I finally talked my wife into shooting a bow a couple of years ago she's been hooked ever since! Her first year hunting she got her first shot at a deer, on her first shot she killed her first deer! I'm staring to think it wasn't such a good idea getting her into this. now I have to share my hunting spot. LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2004, 03:10 PM

I got my wife into gun deer hunting when we got married. then we decided to get into bow hunting together. We love hunting together I couldn't ask for a better hunting partner except the fact that she's a better shot than I am.[:@]
Old 05-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Dominant Buck

My wife said she liked to Hunt,Fish and Camp. What more could you ask for so I married her. The more was definitions
Camping - once in the back yard. Never made it through the night. She loves it now.
Fishing - Don't bait my own hook but will reel one in on yours while you get mine baited.
Hunting- She lied. I signed my hunting dates in the prenup but left out spring turkey.[:@]

We my daughter is ten and this year we will try hunting.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife has started turkey hunting with me and our two kids (son 16, daughter 14). I took our daughter out turkey hunting this past weekend and even though we didn't get one she did thank me and wants to do fall turkey and deer gun this year. I think it is the greatest thing.

Our son "guided" Mom for turkey hunting and put her right under the trees they were roosted in. They didn't get any but they both had a great time "bonding". It has done wonders for their relationship.

I hope many more will do the same. Time with family is what matters.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome. Take a peek at the offseason forum, you will find quite a few women over there that hunt but just don't post that often in the hunting forums.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:01 PM

LMAO at Fieldmouse!!!

Welcome Hikchick to the boards! It's always nice to see a female join our ranks as hunters. My own two kids could care less. They're grown and gone now. I now have two step kids, both female, and both teenagers. One is the ultimate girlygirl. The other is going to wind up being a great hunting companion, I think. She took a hunter ed class I was teaching and passed with flying colors this past winter. I can't wait to get her into the field. Their mother has no problem with hunting, but just doesn't want to participate. When we finally get married, I've already told her that it won't be during any hunting season!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife and I went elk hunting in Idaho for our 15th anniversary!! Most folks just can't believe that, but its the truth! She only bowhunts, but says she might be interested in turkey hunting now that she saw and heard the stories of our 11 year old this past weekend shooting his first on NH Youth weekend. Figures, I don't turkey hunt, might have to start!

--Bob
Old 05-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

My girlfriend fishes and camps. She doesn't hunt but wanted to shoot archery so I bought her a bow. So she shoots with me in the yard. Has no problems with hunting, just can't do it herself.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Hikchick,

I too am from Idaho, I live in the northern Panhandle, nice to see you and your husband aboard.

Quick Reply: Women hunters.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.