HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bulls, Bucks, and Babies (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/60411-bulls-bucks-babies.html)

Dirt2 05-01-2004 11:54 AM

Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

At work last night we were dorking around on the topic of wives that get pregnant and dump their offspring right in the middle of hunting season. Do they do this on purpose?

Has anyone out there had personal experience with this dilemma, do I keep huntin' or go be a loyal hubby as the wife goes through labor?

Personally, this is my impression of me with a theoretical wife (I'm single) who's in labor. I'm on a cell phone sitting on a mountainside somewhere in September:

"Push, push, push! You're doin' great, honey." Later,

"Honey, ah, honey, I know this is tough, but you're just gonna have to lower the pitch on those screams, honeycakes. I've got a big bull comin' in and you're gonna scare him off."

"Honey, you're still screamin'! The bull's gettin' closer, and I can't shoot him and talk to you at the same time. So... you hang in their darlin', I gotta go. I'm hangin' up now, baby. Call ya soon ... unless I wind up with a trackin' job. Name the baby after me! Bye-bye."

zak123 05-01-2004 12:04 PM

RE: Bulls, Bucks, and Babies

I fell out of my chair laughing.:D

bigbulls 05-01-2004 12:42 PM

Best thing to do is keep her very satisfied:):) before and during hunting season and then you won't have to worry about her "dumping" yalls offspring right in the middle of hunting season. If you do it right it will be born in May, June, or July.;);)

Just a little tip for you planning parents.;):D

Kanga 05-01-2004 12:59 PM

Simple work back 9 months from the start and finish of the season then keep it in your pants during those months:D

Use her excuse " Not tonight honey I have a headache":):eek:[:-]:D

MT elk addict 05-01-2004 06:40 PM

Thats a good one dirt!

Hikchick 05-04-2004 06:27 PM

Half of me is laughing and the other half is giving you the evil eye!! ;) I'd be mad if I was the wife... and not for the reasons your guessing... you think I'd want to be in the hospital that time of year???? Not on your life!! If I had it my way I'd give birth on the mountain! Count me in on the hunt, too!!

BOWFANATIC 05-04-2004 10:30 PM

Personally, this is my impression of me with a theoretical wife (I'm single)
Sounds like ya better get used to being single!:D

stealthycat 05-05-2004 01:40 AM

My son was born on October 23rd ....

I sense a hunting birthday gift every year from Daddy !

Bob H in NH 05-05-2004 06:08 AM

Ya just have to plan it right, get her preggers right before hunting season!! Takes care of delivery then!

Of course that first hunting season, taking off on the wife and new born, ya may end up single anyway :eek:

--Bob

texasaggiebowhunter 05-05-2004 07:12 AM

Dang thats the truth.[:@] My wife is supposed to dump the week after I am supposed to get back from Elk hunting. I doubt I get to go but I am still planning it like nothing is going to happen.

Fieldmouse 05-05-2004 10:27 AM

FYI There are drugs available to slow down the labor. This should buy you enough time to get in that hunt.

Double Creek 05-05-2004 11:58 AM

FYI There are drugs available to slow down the labor. This should buy you enough time to get in that hunt.
LMAO:D We really are pigs aren't we?:D

gutshot 05-05-2004 01:08 PM

Dirt I would say that your theoretical wife is more than likely at the end of your forearm so I don't think that you will have to worry much about getting it pregnant. ;););). Sorry dude I just had to.

Broadhead88 05-05-2004 07:10 PM

My son, who is awesome by the way, was born 3 days before the Jersey opening day for shotgun. I actually was packing my stuff on Sunday night and my wife said " are you nuts"?. I said that I was only going to go for a couple of hours.

Needless to day, 2002 was the only season in many, many years that I did not get a deer during gun season. I did pass a few small bucks during bow so it wasnt a total waste of a season.

HOWEVER, you have to do what's right and there are plenty of years to come and hopefully my son will join me down the road.

bkkeys 05-05-2004 08:37 PM

i guess i got lucky then, last year my wife, being 7 months prego, huge like a house, stayed in camp while i was out hunting , since pregos have heat flashes , she was only wearing her underwear, heard something outside of the trailer , grabbed the 06 and went outside to see what it was,, well low and behold it was a little forked horn, 80 yards out, so being the modest woman that she is , she shot the deer , in her undies, and even gutted it, the only time i leave a camera at home, so i guess i got lucky because there was no way i'd get to go hunting and leave her home, hell she would have left me home if i said anything to her about being out hunting while a prego.

Dirt2 05-06-2004 01:20 PM

To you and Bowfanatic, I really don't want to seem insensitive (God forbid). Do you think in the theoretical situation I outlined that I could soften the blow by coming home with a gift for the theoretical wife, something to show I cared, like maybe a diet book so she could drop those extra pounds she put on during the pregnancy?

Hikchick 05-06-2004 01:28 PM

LOLOLOL
Dirt,
In no way was I taking you seriously. Maybe I should have made my response a little more clear. I was trying to include a bunch of sarcasm and humor. Although, I would be mad that I missed the hunt. If you look at my thread "women hunters..." you will see that I even posted the link to yours. Because I found it so humorous....

About that cookbook, my husband didn't give one to me after our 1st or our 2nd (and that's all we get). And I definately need to shed extra pounds as I was on bedrest the whole time for both pregnancies (and the kids are only 14 months apart!!!). ;) If you get one for your "theoretical" wife, send me one too.... k?

LOLOLOL
:D

BobCo19-65 05-06-2004 02:01 PM

It's not so much a decision with your own son or daughter. But what really gets you is having to attend a nieces, nephews, or God Child's birthday during hunting season.

Fieldmouse 05-07-2004 05:33 AM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

It's not so much a decision with your own son or daughter. But what really gets you is having to attend a nieces, nephews, or God Child's birthday during hunting season.
Yeah when you get married it can even be worst. They will plan family vacations in the middle of the Rut. Don't get me wrong, I want to go to Aruba but why couldn't it wait until the season was over?:eek:

BobCo19-65 05-07-2004 06:55 AM

Ouch, middle of the rut. Luckily my wife knows of my obsession, PROBABLY wouldn't do that cause everyone might be misserable (she knows me too well). Geez, and I had a hard time with the one day things.

silentassassin 05-07-2004 07:29 AM

Yeah when you get married it can even be worst. They will plan family vacations in the middle of the Rut. Don't get me wrong, I want to go to Aruba but why couldn't it wait until the season was over
It would wait at my house. My wife wouldn't even try to go there because she knows it's not happening. We have a rule around my house, Feb. - Sept. is open season for honey do's vacation or whatever she wants to do. Oct. - Jan. there are no honey do's and we don't schedule anything that conflicts with my hunting schedule. Obviously some things still come up but we don't schedule anything in, to make it worse. If there is something that has to be done during the fall I do it, other than that, it's bow hunting season and bow hunting season isn't a time to be wasted on crap that could wait until the spring. I get 4 months and she gets 8. I think it's fair and she doesn't have a problem with it. I explained that all quite well the first night we ever went out though. I don't think she comprehended the magnitude of it, but she can't say that I didn't warn her;)

ijimmy 05-07-2004 08:40 AM

Tye a knot in it Jan and Feb , or get rigged for sport . My wife been want'n me to get that done but Im a sissy :D