Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rocket Ultimate Steel Broadhead >

Rocket Ultimate Steel Broadhead

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rocket Ultimate Steel Broadhead

Old 04-29-2004, 10:02 AM

Default Rocket Ultimate Steel Broadhead

Does any one have experience with the Rock Ultimate Steel? I am considering the 125gr version. It looks pretty wicked.

[link]http://www.rocketaerohead.com/ultimate-steel-broadheads.html[/link]

Old 04-29-2004, 10:30 AM

Default RE: Rocket Ultimate Steel Broadhead

I have not been able to take a shot at any game with mine yet, but they've been flying very good in practice. I'm shooting the 75gr. Those Bacon Skinner blades are extremely sharp! I have heard a lot of good talk about them.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:41 AM
Fork Horn

I used them last season and they were dead on with my field points. I shot the 75 grain Version and that will be what I use this year.
Old 04-30-2004, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very accurate, very sharp, but can be prone to blade loss on heavy impacats. They did work on the situation some, but the design has a flaw that can allow the blades to break off. It does take a major impact, but is something to consider.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

I had a very poor experience with the first pack of these heads that I tried. I did try to some with a new pack last month and had slightly better results in terms of what 5shot made mention of but I am still a little apprehensive to really give them a "thumbs up".
Old 04-30-2004, 07:31 AM

I have shot the 75 grn a year now - accurate little head

Little small for my likings. But RAZOR sharp

I would not hesitate to to shoot em at deer. I have not had a blade fall out (3D targets only) but have heard and can see the issue.

Rocket mechanical blades can fall out or bend just by looking at em - and they kill tons of deer - So I can't see the fixed as any different.
Old 04-30-2004, 11:33 AM

Picked up some 125's they shot great,but had problems with them screwing into the insert and keeping the blades tight. Had to install them without the washer just to get them on my Goldtips.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

I love my rockets!! ecspecially the sidewinders, BUT the ultimate steels will only screw into certain inserts more than one thread. I am not sure why. They only catch whith 1 thread on, I think it is the gold tips and one other. I had a customer return them because he was not comfortable with them not being very secure. When I contacted Rocket they were aware of the problem but, at that time , were not in the prcoess of changing anything.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:14 PM

Also using the 75 grainers here. They have a larger cutting diameter than the 100's and yes, they are scary sharp. I have them on the business end of my carbon express CXL 250 selects. I played with the dynamics a little and the 75 grains give me a perfect 10% front of center. Can't wait til Monday for my turkey season to start.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:10 PM

I have the 100 grain ones and they fly right with my field tips. I have had the blades come out in my pratice blob broadhead target. they look like they will work OK. Of course shot placement is always they key on how well they will work..

Quick Reply: Rocket Ultimate Steel Broadhead

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.