Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 drop aways on bowtechs >

drop aways on bowtechs

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

drop aways on bowtechs

Old 04-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default drop aways on bowtechs

o.k-I might bite the bullet and try a drop away on my pat,what is the best rest for the money.I was talking to a bowtech rep and he said the TT shakey or the tko was very good and easy to tune.I just checked out GKF site and the tko looks to be pretty cool,thanx for some helpful feedback.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: drop aways on bowtechs

Ex, I can't speak for what to get, but I can say the Drop Zone rest I had didnt work out too well on my VFT. It may have been my pro shop, maybe not, but they had a heck of time getting it to work. I finally just went back to a NAP 1000, I hear the Trophy Takers are working well on the bowtechs.

Good Luck EX

Shed
Old 04-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know much about Bowtechs, what makes so them hard to get a fall away to work?
Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme,
I have had very good luck with the TT line on my singles (Shakey and regular launchers), the TKO is/was working well for JeffB on his Liberty.(quiet and solid)
I am currently using an APA Ultimate "Twister" on my Liberty and like it a lot....should be a heck of a hunting rest, very quiet and full containment.
I'm pretty sure some of the guys here are using NAP models also.

Not sure why the Drop Zone won't work, my buddy Frank had no problem using his?
From my experience you have a bunch of good options in a drop away style for your Patriot.
Old 04-26-2004, 07:22 PM

I had a NAP Drop Away on my Patriot and it was a nightmare due to such small travel in the cables.

I called Bowtech and was told that rest is bad news on VFT bows until NAP fixes it. He said the same problem exists with the MZE.

I put on a Whisker Bisquit and am very satisfied.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:17 PM

I have a drop zone on my liberty. No problems whatsoever in about 4 months. I've been very impressed with this rest.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had good luck with the TT (Shakey and Original) and the NAP 4000 on single and dual cam BowTechs from 01 thru 04 models. Maybe I'm just charmed. There are a few tricks I've learned to help with initial set up. PM me if I can help.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:00 PM

Had problems with the MZE so I switched to the APA "twister" drop rest and it works like a charm. It took a little bit of more adjusting around with it since I have the 80# limbs

(KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE)
Old 04-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble ,but I have a MZE on my 2004 Patriot Dually and have had absolutely no problem's. Ausie -Guy will verify this, since he recommended this arrow rest .All you have to do is follow the direction's on the video that is supplied with the rest, and it's no problem installing it . I'm a rookie when it comes to working on my new bow ,so I have no idea why everyone is having problem's with installing it . This arrow rest work's flawlessly and I really like it .

nubo
Old 04-26-2004, 11:09 PM

Perhaps something is different with the 2004 bows. I was told directly by Bowtech over the phone to ditch my NAP drop and I would have the same problems with a MZE.

Either way I am glad it is working for you.

Quick Reply: drop aways on bowtechs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.