Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camtrakker-General Game Camera Contest? >

Camtrakker-General Game Camera Contest?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camtrakker-General Game Camera Contest?

Old 04-21-2004, 06:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Camtrakker-General Game Camera Contest?

I received an email today from camtrakker. I have no idea how they got my email addy but the email itself was rather interesting. Apparently they have a contest every year where camtrakker owners can submit their "favorite photos". The link below will take you to the 2003 contest winners. Some great photos there IMO.

http://www.camtrakker.com/03/03_contest.asp

After looking at it though I was wondering why we don't have our own "hunting.net gamecam photo contest"? What do you folks think of the idea for this year? Rules? Entry deadline? Help me figure something out.
Old 04-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camtrakker Contest?

I got that email too and I have no idea where they got my address from either. There are some great pics over the years. I'm all for a contest on this site. Not sure how to run it but I would get in it. Maybe have different catagories for Deer, Turkey and other. Limit number of pics per person. I would think a deadline sometime in January would be right IMO.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you for the suggestions. I think they are a great start. Why the January deadline though? I was thinking more along the lines of September 1st (give or take a week or two). Any later and we run into folks posting their success pics for the upcoming season. Any earlier and not all the bucks will have fully developed. Just a thought.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good point. I guess I was thinking that I get alot of buck pics during the rut. Last year was also my first year with a camera and I didn't get it until early Sept because of availablity (cuddeback). I have never used one in the summer as a scouting tool so I really don't know what to expect. This will all be new to me. I did fine one shed 2 weeks ago on our property and it has 4 solid points and a fifth just starting on the end. Could be a nice 10 this year.

Good luck getting everyone else to reply. I would have thought they all would be jumping on this.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:09 AM

I received the same email. I knew I didn't have a chance to see my name as the winner since I didnt enter. I think the contest is a good idea. I dont have a cam yet but I love to see those pics.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sad that the Stealthcam folks don't have one as I sent them some of my pics from last season. I am also surprised that more folks have not commented on the gamecam pic "contest". 43 reads and only two or three replies. I thought it was a good idea.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:52 AM

There are some cool pics there
Old 04-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the contest is a great idea and I agree with the September deadline.
I just got a cheap walmart trail camera and have been playing around with it. Love to show you guys some great Illinois Bucks this year!
Old 04-21-2004, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think that it is a great idea Frank.

A couple of years ago, our very own Two Beards placed in Camtracker contest. Not sure what place, but his picture was in the flyers they send out and everything.

I know I have slacked on the Mod Cup web page, but that is because I lost my web space and when I though I had more, it was taken away. But if I can come up with some web space, I would be more than happy to post the pictures on it.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks for the replies folks.

IBM,

Thank you for the offer. I was actually thinking of having the pictures on a thread here but then transferring it to our hunting pictures forum. I need to read up a bit on it first before attempting it though. I was thinking along the lines of a June 1st through September 1st contest entry window with a max of two pics per person.

Quick Reply: Camtrakker-General Game Camera Contest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.