Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Addiction

Old 04-15-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Addiction

Are you guys addicted to bows and bow crap like me? Got into the spare room today. I have 10 compound bows. 7 Hoyts, 1 Pse, 1 Reflex, and one Mathews. Anywho, i have 52 arrow rest(5 drop aways), 15 sights, 19 stabilizers, about 100 books, 32 peep sights, 40 strings and cables (Many of which don't fit any bow i have ever had) Tuning tools out the bung hole, 4 nock pliars and i haven't used brass nocks for years, . And this is the stuff i can find. Not to mention all of the crap i gave away to a buddy of mine. I have it bad, when i order out of a catalog its at least a $200 order. Bought an extra peep sight with the last order, i already had 2 backups. I need help. Do you have it as bad as me?
Old 04-15-2004, 07:13 PM

Default RE: Addiction

My friend, you need to join Bowhunters Anonymous!! LOL

I had it as bad as you at one point in time. In all seriousness, it's an illness that can cause serious problems. If you get too addicted to it, and you appear to already be there, then you're never satisfied. And when you're never satisfied, you try harder, and harder, until one day you wake up with TARGET PANIC!!!!! Get help before it's too late!
Old 04-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have it bad as well ! although not as bad as you but whenever I see something new i just have to have it whether I use it or not .I have all kind's of stuff that I've never used ever .

nubo
Old 04-15-2004, 07:42 PM

ARE YOU WILLING TO SELL ANY OF THAT STUFF? YOU COULD HAVE A FUN TIME ON EBAY SELLING THAT STUFF.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:40 PM

Geez, I thought I had a lot of stuff. You could start your own pro-shop!
I'm looking for an Extreme Sniper sight... see one in the pile not bolted to a riser? New CSS Encore on the way and it needs some accessories.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aint it great? Best hobby in the world as far as I'm concerned!

My buddies tell me I could open my own archery shop just with my collection of used , new used slightly , brand new never used , used once and tossed aside archery equipment!
Old 04-15-2004, 09:04 PM
nub

I think I'm in for some trouble here at home. The wife says she wants to clean out my closet. Imagine that, she wants to hang coats in there and make the other one a toy closet for the boy. Wait til she sees all the toys I have![]
Old 04-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

No kidding, I've got it bad too. 19 years old, and an entire room filled with archery stuff. Of course, I have about an equal portion of fishing gear too.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like my gear, but I usually rob Peter to pay Paul to get most of it so I have a whittled down small assortment of the "Good Stuff" usually on hand.

I'll tell ya what, fly fishing,flytying,various gun hunting,and golf combined with archery and bowhunting? [:-]
Yeah.....I got stuff.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Hi,
My name is Bob and I'm an arrow-aholic! Got about 4 dozen and just ordered another dozen[&o]. Only have three bows, plus the boys got one and probably 25 broadheads...not including my collection.[:@] A few sights, stabilizers, and such. I love to tinker with stuff so I make my own arrows. Got lots of vanes, feathers, nocks, inserts, tips. And a bunch of other stuff.

Yep, I'm an addict.

Quick Reply: Addiction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.