Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 FINALLY GOT MY PATRIOT >

FINALLY GOT MY PATRIOT

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FINALLY GOT MY PATRIOT

Old 04-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default FINALLY GOT MY PATRIOT

I went to my dealers tonight to pick up my patriot,and i am very pleased with it.I set it up with a copper john dead nuts site and a nap 1000 pro.Its a 70 lb version with 29 in mod.Only problem is i need a 28 inch draw.I know i can set the draw stop to get 28. 5 inch draw at 65% let off but i have no idea where to set it.I haven't got the manual with the bow.If anyone has the manual can they please let me know.I know the draw is a half inch longer then what i am used to but will give it a try.I know i can order in a 28 inch mod and fix the problem real quick,but want to play with it a bit.I shot the bow tonight at 29 in and it didn't feel to bad but it didn't have a peep installed.Thanx for any advice and help.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: FINALLY GOT MY PATRIOT

Bowtech has the manuals on their website.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you josh for the info,but i tried downloading it and it didn't work,must be doing something wrong
Old 04-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the file. I believe you need version 5.0, which can be downloaded for free from www.adobe.com
Old 04-15-2004, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on finally getting the bow! Chrono that bad boy yet?

The factory setting (80%) is 6.5 for the #2 mod. The e-manual I have only shows 65% settings w/ the X.5 mods (early version)

But I must admit, I never consult the manual (I hate doing things by the book ) I've had so many I-cam bows that I generally just move the post towards the short side roughly 1/4" then make very slight adjustments (1/16") 'til I get my draw length perfect.

I'll check and see if I can find the "official" 65% post setting with the #2 mods for you.

EDIT: Question. Are you getting enough C-shot adjustment w/ the NAP 1000? (C-shot starting point should be 7/8" from riser to middle of arrow shaft)
Old 04-15-2004, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thankyou jeff for offering a hand with the adjustments.I'll probably just play with it myself and if i cant find a comfortable setting i will just order the 28 in mod.
And your question pertaining the nap 1000 center shot ,it sounds real funny but we installed it inside the riser,this way we could get a true center shot,we had it out side the riser like it would be typically put on but the c/s was way off.I still get good flight and we dont see any fletching contact with the bolt head.
If anyone has aNY ideas or experience on which rest to use for the new bowtechs(preferably not drop's)just like to keep it simple."when i'm hunting i dont want any moving parts or cables or cords to fail at just the wrong time.
Again ty everyone for your help
Old 04-15-2004, 10:57 AM

Hey extreme1. congrats on your new patriot. I just got my new 2004 Patriot on Thursday last week. I have a Quick tune 300 and I mounted it the usual way but I had to move the launcher way to the left and I seem to have true centreshot, if that helps. Say when you recieved your bow, how was the finish. When I recieved mine there quite a few blemishes on the riser and the limb pocket corners were showing bare metal. I have contacted Bowtech and North Sylva and they would replace the idler and limb pockets.
Old 04-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

hi guelph,welcome to the board.I was also looking at the 300 because it had more adjustment on the launcher arm but i liked the 1000 for its tuneability.I bet the pat is shooting real good for ya,congrats .
And pertaining your question on the finish,I gave mine a real good look over and am very pleased,no blemishes what so ever,that i could see anyways.I love the new risers and done an excellent job on the machining.
How long did you have to wait on your new bow,i was going on 7 weeks before my dealer called and said it was in,man was i happy when i got the call.
Are you sending your bow back to North Sylva for the work done,if so you will probably be waiting a while-----oh almost forgot-----did you get an owners manual with your bow
Old 04-15-2004, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Extreme 1! I have the manual and it say's 3 for 28" draw this is for the N cam.

Guy's since the manual has just come out you'll need to e-mail BowTech to make sure that they have you on the list to recieve the manual ,they have no way of tracking these bow's unless you register them ,once your registered they'll send you a nice hat and the manual .You can register on line at BowTech. {www.bowtecharchery.com}

nubo
Old 04-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your Patriot. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Quick Reply: FINALLY GOT MY PATRIOT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.