Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is your Dealer QUALIFIED??? >

Is your Dealer QUALIFIED???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is your Dealer QUALIFIED???

Old 04-15-2004, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is your Dealer QUALIFIED???

Len,

Thank you for posting those suggestions. They are great and with your permission I would like to print a copy of them to take down to the local shop. Times are hard with Dick's and Cabelas in town now.[]

I really like the certification idea and I am sure it would add alot of credibility to the profession. You did mention having the right "credentials" to back up the good service but what type of credentials are you referring to? It is not like someone can enroll in Bow Mechanic U for 18 months to get an Associates degree.....
Old 04-15-2004, 07:14 AM

Frank: By all means, use the thoughts. Those things are not concrete, but offer educated ideas based on having to deal with the problem of so many BIG boys in my area. You can also tell them that there will be about a 3 year honeymoon with Dick's and Cabela's between customers and them. It really takes that long before many customers realize what they're missing. They'll find that every time they go into those places they'll be talking to a different person, and that each will have a different level of competence. They should definitely get rid of the items that I listed. There is no way that they can or would want to compete.

As far as the certification process, it's been discussed for many years. The growing popularity of the ATA seminars at the trade show has given the idea a new complexion. It will take many more years to bring it to fruition.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Its a shame about dealers like that but I know of a few [:'(]
Old 04-16-2004, 06:57 PM

Josh:
"self proclaimed god's of 3d and hunting".
I hardly ever get time to go to 3D courses anymore. I think I may have gone once last year. Therefore, there's no way I could proclaim myself to be a 3D god.

Now hunting is another issue. Davidmil must think that I'm a god because I'm always way higher in the tree than him.

My customers, always trying to learn things from me, don't realize that I'm always learning things from them. Whenever I'm talking to them while working on their equipment, I'm always asking them questions about all segments of the industry/sport.

Frank: I sent you an e-mail today with an attachment concerning your request. It's an in-depth breakdown from a seminar I gave at the ATA Show. Enjoy it.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I understand that they are awesome 3d shooters and hunters. However, to not even return a "hello" on the 3d course, tells me that they are only pretending to want to help and give advice because you have the dollars, not to be friendly and promote the sports of archery and bowhunting.