Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 04-11-2004, 12:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-11-2004, 06:37 PM

Default RE: STEALTH CAM BATTERIES

In cold weather they usually do not last as long. I have had mine last for a couple weeks of continuous use in warmer climate.
Old 04-11-2004, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the new digital stealth cam and was very unplesed with the battery life. My intentions were to use rechargeable batteries. however, they only last one day! I then put in some generic regular batteries and they too only lasted a day or so. I contacted StealthCam and they said the most you can expect to get out of a good set of batteries is 2 weeks, tops. that could mean a big bill to keep battereis in the camera. i just set mine up again last week (wed.) and it is still goining fine. I have gotten to pics of deer, which is neat, but still quite a bit to keep it going. StealthCam also said they are coming out with a solar charger for the camera ($100 or so).
Old 04-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I myself have had the same problems with mine, more so when the temperature drops below zero.
However a while back I'd read a post where someone posted they use just the regular Ray-O-Vac batteries and got much better life out of them.
I cannot confirm this as I have not tried these batteries as yet but plan on doing so soon.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

well, I got less than a week on a set of good batteries (Energizer ultima or something). Really wish it lasted longer.