Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 1st Compound

Old 04-08-2004, 02:14 PM

Default My 1st Compound

It is an MQ1. I have 12 Easton Carbon Aeros and can't wait to let them fly. I have a trophy taker drop away rest. An Extreme horizontal sight (some new company I think?). An 8" NAP shock blocker stabilizer and a thumb release ("the hook"). The draw length is set for 29" and has a 70lbs draw weight. I think it will be very fast. Here are some picture of my bows set up. Can't wait to take a few shots. It draws really nice and amazingly silent. What do you think of my setup? Would you recommend any other product to maybe better my bow?

Old 04-08-2004, 02:34 PM

Default RE: My 1st Compound

Products to better your bow?

Ah, well, a Hoyt for starters...

Naah, just kidding. Mathews makes a fine bow. Looks like you have it all there, you might get a pro to help you set it up, give you some tips, and get your form headed in the right direction. Congratulations, you'll enjoy it for a lifetime.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:41 PM

You got a fine bow, but the only thing that will better your setup now is a ton of practice, if your going to be hunting with it this fall dont let it sit in that case and get out there and drive tacks with it. Practice, Practice, Practice
Old 04-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mathew's is correct get out there and practice, your bow is only as good as you are.I would change the stabilizer for the new Stealth 8" they're an awsome stabilizer . I'd sooner the black than the mismatch in camo. Just my thought's.

The stealth has a heavy end so mount the heavy end in to the riser. Your set-up is fine otherword's. I'm not running down the stabilizer you have I just prefer the stealth.

nubo
Old 04-09-2004, 08:25 AM

Congrats on your first bow. You must be psyched! The set up you have is great. It's no pse but thant's ok. LOL To each his own.

You say you can't wait to shoot it. Did you buy it at a shop? I'm supprised you didn't test dirve it first. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with it. Now, get out there and fling some arrows.