Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 opinions of the whisker biscuit? >

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Old 04-08-2004, 08:00 PM

Default RE: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Forums | HELP | RULES | Register | Login | My Profile
Gallery | Member List | Search | Lost Password | Log Out
Chat | Classifieds | Hunt Swap | Contact Admin
ACTIVE TOPICS | InBox
Old 04-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know this is a waste of time, since input is only input when it is actually considered. BUT

1. No noise on the draw with smooth finish carbon arrows.
2. No need to silence "prongs".
3. No added shot noise with any arrow.
4. No moving parts.
5. The ability to shoot full helical fletching to stabilize open blade broadheads, without having to resort to a drop away rest.
6. No worries about a slight change in nock rotation causing uneven fletch contact by one vane, causing poor arrow flight.

I have been playing around with the decision on which rest to use since getting a GKF 3D Royal. After shooting the Pro 40 Wheely for the last week with the Biscuit on, and getting mostly 1" or less groups @ 20 yards, quite a few of which consisted of one or two bare shaft arrows in the group of 3 (shooting without a peep sight), my most logical question is...What could I possibly gain by switching? They are not perfect by any means, nothing is. Some will continue to hate the idea, and will continue to post negatively about the rest no matter what. Hey, as stated earlier, I didn't like the first one I tried either. The second time around, I learned more about what had to be done to tune them properly. I get accuracy that is as good as I can shoot, great arrow flight, quiet performance, and total arrow security.

I'm sure there will be some more Biscuit haters ready to post about bad experiences, first hand or hearsay. Live it up, enjoy yourselves. But if this rest was that bad, why did GKF come up with first the Funnel rest, then the Shoot Out, then the Whisper Disk? Just wondering.[8D]
Old 04-08-2004, 10:03 PM
cj5

i shoot one on my buckmaster. only complaint is the tearing of the fletchings, however i found a solution to that problem and now shooting just fine
Old 04-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JOE PA

I know this is a waste of time, since input is only input when it is actually considered. BUT

1. No noise on the draw with smooth finish carbon arrows.
2. No need to silence "prongs".
3. No added shot noise with any arrow.
4. No moving parts.
5. The ability to shoot full helical fletching to stabilize open blade broadheads, without having to resort to a drop away rest.
6. No worries about a slight change in nock rotation causing uneven fletch contact by one vane, causing poor arrow flight.

I will agree with the round and round this question gets every other day a new post it is a waste of time. I'm now just enjoying the stupid jabs about the product.

On another note, I have never had any of the above problems with my rests and never did anything other than throw it on my bow and shoot.

Back to the jabs now. On #4, you better hope the broom is moving and gives a little or you'll be shooting bare shafts in no time.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK, now I think I understand.

The "Broom" also has to move if it is going to clean you battery terminals.[8D]
Old 04-09-2004, 08:26 AM

I shoot fingers and this seems to be a better rest for us. I had problems getting a rest that I liked but this thing is really neat. If you fletch your arrows like you are suppose to then your vanes hold up just fine. I seem to lose my arrows before I have to refletch anyways.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:33 PM

I love my whisker biscuit. i have shot a nap quicktune 1000 and cant really tell much difference cept a couple fps which is nothing really. as for fletching problems i baught a $40 kit out of cabelas for when i do have fletching problems and it only takes a minute to put a fletching back on

Kev
Old 04-11-2004, 08:00 AM

I just switched from a WB to a drop away rest. The only problem i had with the WB was the vanes on the arrows getting rippled. Its a great Hunting rest and the only reason i switched was i just wanted to give a drop away a try.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:42 PM
Typical Buck

you got one you would love it..I do...
Old 04-12-2004, 11:18 PM

I have shot a bow for 25+ years and have always worked to get total vane clearance. I would not put something on my bow that makes contact with the vanes. It just goes against my way of thinking. If it works for you, that's great.

Quick Reply: opinions of the whisker biscuit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.