Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it? >

Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Old 04-03-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Just curious, who has never bought into this concept. I'll be the first to admit that I'm one.
Old 04-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

me 2nd
Old 04-03-2004, 02:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm 3 ,we've hunted for years and years without it and had great success ,I beleive if you keep clean and use the scent and scent killer's it 'll do the job .

nubo
Old 04-03-2004, 06:05 AM

I haven't yet, mainly due to cost. If you could get a suit for $100, then I would try it.

I do plan on trying the contain line this season.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:22 AM
Typical Buck

I almost did now and then but never bought into it. Not saying it doens't work.....just hasn't sold me on the facts yet.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me too.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:36 AM

Not I ! But im very interested in the New Stuff coming out,that has Silver Filament's,weaved into the Fabric. In the Old day's,travelers by Horse and Buggy,use to throw Silver Dollars,into their Water Barrels,to prevent Fouling from Bacteria.Also "Born With a Silver Spoon in his Mouth,was not referring to one's Wealth, but his Health. The complete article,can be viewed on Fastest Bow's . Com
Old 04-03-2004, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

No. I figure I did just fine without it the 35 years I'd hunted before it came out. I don't need it now.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I am one of the ones who does buy it. In fact I am on my 3rd set. I believe in the stuff enough to drop $400 on the cabelas MT050 gore tex scent lok suit. I don't believe it is a cure all but I do believe it helps. I won't try to convince anyone that it works though. I just relay my postitve experiences with it.

The big mistake people make using it is they dont dress and un dress in the field and store it in an air tight container. They want to complain it don't work. If they stop and think for a minute and use a little common sence they might be able to figure it out.

Another mistake people make is putting cover scents in the air tight tube with their scent lok. Really come on how smart of a move is that. The carbon adsorbs the scent of the cover leaving the suit useless for odor control untill reactivation.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:26 AM

I did buy it 5 years ago. I did have deer bedding below my treestand, etc. After 4 years, it seemed more of a hassel (more sweating) than it was worth. Last season I did'nt use it and had no ill effects. I attribute whatever success I had with it as learning to be a better hunter. JMO

Quick Reply: Scent lok-who has never spent a dime on it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.