Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 OK. some Camo pictures >

OK. some Camo pictures

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK. some Camo pictures

Old 04-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK. some Camo pictures

Well the pic's are good !I like the first 2 it's a perfect hiding spot and you can still see anything approaching from most direction's. I'm not one for setting up on ground since I beleive that movement attract's attention more than bad camo.When your in the tree most animal's pay more attention to ground level unless your moving alot in the tree.

nubo
Old 04-01-2004, 08:22 AM

Looks good Dave. I love that ASSAT. Maybe try using some black & white film next time to get a little better perspective. The one picture of the ASSAt that looks bright would probally breakup very nicely in a deers eye
under black and white.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:38 PM

Follow this link for some black and white comparison shots. Scroll half way down the page for the pics...

http://167.206.135.118/cgi-bin/ultim...c&f=2&t=006125
Old 04-01-2004, 03:45 PM

Keep in mind that the camo is hanging in White Pine greenery in the B&W shots in the above link. ASAT is incredible the way it blends compared to other camos, especially through a deers eyes!
Old 04-01-2004, 04:45 PM

Am I the only one that, after seeing these pictures, doesn't feel compelled to rush right out and pruchase some? Honestly it doesn't seem to work as weel as everyone has said... JMO

It seems like the colors in the trees contrast too much. Everyone always talks about other camoflauge looking like a blob when you're in a tree, ASAT looks like it's doing the same thing...
Old 04-01-2004, 08:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Am I the only one that, after seeing these pictures, doesn't feel compelled to rush right out and pruchase some? Honestly it doesn't seem to work as weel as everyone has said... JMO

It seems like the colors in the trees contrast too much. Everyone always talks about other camoflauge looking like a blob when you're in a tree, ASAT looks like it's doing the same thing...
I think it looks excellent up in the tree. It looks as though there is a hole through the tree that has the sky and branches in it.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

As I said earlier, I think the tree shots look great (though I give some credit to the leafy style of the suit as well as the camo) to me. The ground shot does not look as good simply because I believe the background does not have as many light/dark contrasts as the suit does in this case.

I do not totally agree with the "black/white" vision that some folks are saying a deer views the world. The last I read they were also able to interpret some colors as well.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do not totally agree with the "black/white" vision that some folks are saying a deer views the world. The last I read they were also able to interpret some colors as well
I have read on many occasions they see shades of blue and yellow. Whether or not they interpret the colors as blue and yellow as we do, I do not know. They also see ultraviolet as well.

I also think the tree stand shots look excellent especially for not being the 3-D suit.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

Deer do not see in black and white and for those of you interested in learning more I have attached a link. It is just too much to post and I do not type that well.
The subject in the study is dogs but if you read the articles it clearly states that dogs and other mammels (non-predatory) have the same vision. Enjoy.
http://www.mcw.edu/cellbio/colorvisi...roduction.html
Old 04-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I also think the tree stand shots look excellent especially for not being the 3-D suit.
Maybe I am wrong but I thought he was wearing the 3D leafy suit.

David?

mlaubner,

Thanks for the link. I will go check it out.

Quick Reply: OK. some Camo pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.