Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT Camo

Old 03-30-2004, 04:35 PM

Default RE: ASAT Camo

ASAT and Predator are designed to look like nothing. Realtree, Mossy Oak and other camos are designed meticulously to look like twigs leaves bark and as a result, they are way too dark and detailed and they turn into a dark blob when viewed from a distance. Tan is the primary color in ASAT and it's no coincidence that it is also the color of deer, rabbits, grouse and dead leaves. Deer don't look anything like a tree to me but they sure do a pretty good job of blending into their environment. Tan reflects light without changing the spectrum from the majority of everything thing else found in the woods. I'm guessing these are some of the things that Chuck Pensyl or Rob Smollack said to you Len.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Dominant Buck

By the way Len.... I didn't get those pictures you were suppose to send to me. You didn't send them to your accountant for taxes did you?
Old 03-30-2004, 06:38 PM

Onestab: Yep, you're right on. I was also sent information that I'll review and which should help me understand the product even better. The real test is when I'm up in that 'gotcha' tree that I talked about.

Dave: They were sent earlier this afternoon. I'll resend them tomorrow if you didn't get them.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

I just got an email from Verizon that the file was too large. You'll have to send them under more than one email or compress them or resize before sending.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 PM

What is ASATs website?
Old 03-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is ASATs website?
www.asatcamo.com
Old 03-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Len,

I would be interested in hearing the results of your little experiment up in that tree. I have mixed feelings about the open camo patterns but am always willing to continue to experiment.

Thank you.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:42 PM

There are some great black and white photo comparisons of Break-up, Realtree Hardwoods, and ASAT on an Edersbow thread from last year. These pics provide a very good example of the dark blob effect from detailed camo compared to ASAT which virtually disappears. Check them out at this link...

http://167.206.135.118/cgi-bin/ultim...c&f=2&t=006125
Old 03-31-2004, 05:12 PM

Looks great Dave.

Where did you go[&:]
Old 03-31-2004, 05:32 PM

I got an ASAT leafy suit today with the gloves and face mask. I'll be trying it out in 'that tree' in the next few weeks and report back. I hope I'm wrong in what MY eyes saw. After all, it's what the deer sees, isn't it?

Quick Reply: ASAT Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.